Thursday, August 31, 2017

Things I Need to Tell Myself (2)


August 11th 2017. 

It was a rainy afternoon in Bandung, and strangely enough, I'd found myself in a peculiar small cafe in the Dago area. Art installations, wooden furniture, and a pleasantly quiet atmosphere made me feel very much at home in this little place I randomly decided to visit. 

Alone, I had a table to myself, overlooking a view of mountains, trees, and hillsides from a distance. I'd ordered a warm, sweet drink, and my first thought was, I should've brought my book with me today. Making the most out of the situation, I simply sat still. I admired the sight of nature displayed in front of me, my fingers embraced the warmth of the cup I had in my hands, I felt the gentle mountain breeze sweep through the room, and then I paused.

A lot can happen in a pause. In this case, I paused and I began to reflect. What a whimsical year it's been (so far), and boy, what magnificent hopes and dreams I had for the next several months. Like any writer would, I decided to take note of them; all the thoughts, contemplations, and life lessons that started surfacing in my mind and came to me like that mountain breeze. The list below, unedited, is what I wrote down, in that rainy afternoon.

---

1. The world doesn't stop for anybody. Time doesn't pause just because you need it to. 
So embrace this life of yours that doesn't stop moving. 
Because it's all you have, and it's all you can do.

2. Hot chocolate is good for the soul, and any health 
magazine that tells you otherwise is not worth your time.

3. Find a person who sees all of you and still wants that
You can't spend the rest of your life only being a part of who you are.

4. The rain is nature cleansing itself. 
We (and our activities and cities and "plans for the day") are just standing in the way.

5. Love is simple, life is complicated. 
That's why it becomes challenging for the two to simply co-exist.

6. You do not have to look, or talk, or live, or be, like everybody else.

7. Master the art of being alone without being lonely.

8. Different experiences come from different places and different people. 
In a pursuit of an interesting life, there is no use only sticking to what you know.

9. Write in a journal but make is as messy as your life feels like. 
Pretty is boring, make it annoyingly unreadable.

10. In this world, there will always be art that you cannot comprehend, 
the same way that there will always be people that you cannot understand.

---

I'll write again soon.













12 comments :

  1. This is a BEAUTIFUL post. Especially love no. 3 :)

    -Madison from breakfastatmadisons.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading this and hot chocolate is def good for the soul :) x

    Tiffany Tales | Lifestyle & Beauty 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great post!
    xx- Nina

    http://www.ninalnguyen.com/2017/08/rock-those-basic-pieces.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love this writing style, truly tailored to my soul! Each point is so well thought, I couldn't agree more! Thanks for making my day!


    Have an amazing week,
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved reading this post so much! Rainy days are wonderful and writing in my journal helps me sift through my thoughts so much. I also agree that hot chocolate soothes the soul! I could relate to so much, and that photo of the coffee, or hot chocolate is so lovely xx

    Sending light & love your way,
    My Lovelier Days

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous!

    Gemma
    www.fadedwindmills.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous!

    Gemma
    www.fadedwindmills.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful words. I needed this.


    Arden | HELLO ARDEN

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this!!! No 2 made me laugh haha, but actually I agree with you! GREAT post!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've got the writer's touch, you write so beautifully! I love your intro to your list, it's so true on so many levels. I agree 100% with No. 10. There are some people you cannot understand.

    with love, Bash   |   HEY BASH

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful post. I needed to read this. Thank you for sharing x

    KatieLeanne.co.uk

    ReplyDelete