Saturday, February 20, 2016

TRAVEL: 4 Places On My Bucket List



"To travel is to take a journey into yourself." -Danny Kaye

For a girl with a deep love for traveling and new adventures, I experience quite little of it. Why, you ask? Because the reality is that I'm a 16-year-old student with no driver's license, only struggling to fight my way through the jungle that is high school. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating. But I'm just trying to say that traveling, exploring, and all of these leisure activities simply could almost never make their way into my agenda. 

However, this hasn't stopped me from daydreaming endlessly about the places I could go. The things I could see. The world is so big, but mine feels so small. That's why I chose to write about traveling today. Because I think it's important to let my mind be free, and to let my heart crave for more of what's out there. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday, if I work hard enough, this feeling of wanderlust will be fulfilled.

If I were to be honest, I'd rate myself as quite a well-traveled person already. I've seen beautiful, beautiful cities far away like Amsterdam, Paris, Berlin, and Rome. Some beautiful places are also not too far away, places like Singapore or Bali. There's a certain feeling that overwhelms you the minute you step foot into a new city. It just... welcomes you.

That explains why I adore traveling so much. The rush of excitement as you drive to the airport, tickets in hand, ready to go on a sweet escape from an otherwise monotonous life. That being said, here's a list of four places or cities that I wish I could (or will definitely) visit before I die.

New York City



The city that never sleeps, a concrete jungle, the Big Apple, New York is a place of everything. A place where anything can happen, endlessly bursting with energy. I've always always always wanted to visit New York. Where do I even begin?

Central Park, where I can sit down in a picnic, or sit on a bench and draw sketches of random New Yorkers, or simply go on a very long walk. Broadway, too divine and magical not to be added into my bucket list. Times Square, to just stand in the middle of it and feel everything. There's an endless list of places to visit in New York. I want to go to their little coffee shops along the road, but I also want to go to the important places, like Grand Central Station, the Brooklyn Bridge, Broadway, or even the 9/11 Memorial.




It's always been a huge dream for me to somehow find my way to travel to this city. It's actually one of my biggest dreams to land a job in New York City someday, or get accepted in a uni there then get a job in the city. But of course, this is put on hold considering it's a very big dream that I'm still finding the courage to pursue. Nevertheless, I hope the city waits for me.

London


Okay, so London... Where do I start? I feel like this one doesn't even need a lot of explaining. I've been to Europe a couple of times but never got to visit London because it doesn't go with the EU visa, but to be honest, it's a place I've always always always wanted to go to. There are so many to see and experience! Maybe I'm a little biased because I only know this from movies and reality shows that revolve around London but you get the idea. 


Now I don't expect to have tea in a fancy mansion or meet the Queen or anything, but there are plenty of things that I still want to do in London. Some are little things, in fact. Like seeing the Big Ben, seeing London from the top of the London Eye (the giant ferris wheel they have), take countless photos of red phone booths and sit on a red double decker bus. I want to go to King's Cross station (and try to see if I can find platform 9¾), and then walk in Oxford Street. I want to take a walk in a nice big park somewhere in the city (like Hyde Park or St. James), visit the British Museum, or watch a play. There are just so many things to amaze me.

Santorini


I don't know a lot about Greece. In fact, I know very little to nothing about Greece. However, there's one particular place that comes to mind once I think about it, and that place is called Santorini. I learned about this place through the Internet and when I saw it, I just completely fell in love. The island just looks so serene and breathtakingly beautiful, I knew that I had to go there someday. Somehow.



Santorini is actually an island known for its amazing landscape and their white, cubist houses decorating the whole terrain. It's quite interesting to see how the whole place goes uphill and perfectly overlooks the Aegean Sea. The places I'm mostly interested in seeing (according to a handful of research I did) are the Oia village (where the pretty white homes are located), Santorini caldera, and the Kamari village (a small coastal one known for its beaches). 

Venice




Last but not least, I couldn't possibly miss out on a place as beautiful as Venice, Italy. Out of all the places I've heard of and all the places I've seen (although not in person), Venice has got to be one of the places that's intrigued me the most. My dad's visited this city in the past, but sadly I never got to ask him about it.

There are no words as to how I can even begin to describe how much I love the sight of Venice, so much that I've always wanted to visit the city. It's so picturesque and exquisite, so different from other travel destinations. I guess it's because when choosing a place to travel to, it's either a beautiful city or a tropical getaway. But this time, it's neither of those things. Venice just gives you a different experience, mostly because of their unique methods of transportation. Not to mention the beautiful buildings and views. I may not speak Italian but for this place, I can most certainly try. A lot of people categorise this as a very ~*romantic*~ destination but let's be real: I'm not going to wait around for a boyfriend to travel anywhere.




And that is basically all I have to say for this post! I do hope you enjoyed reading and knowing more about these places that I've mentioned. If you have ever been to any of these places, feel free to leave a comment and give us a little more insight, including what you personally think!

What are the destinations on your bucket list? 
Leave a comment below, I'd love to hear about it!


Until next time,






14 comments :

  1. Such a great list and I have no doubt you will visit them all. I've done 3 on your list (technically 2 as I live in London 😊) and funny enough I'll be in Venice this year. Keep adding to your list because it's worth it.

    www.majeang.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing bucket list and places ! :)
    NEW POST : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it ;)

    http://ordinaryblondie9.blogspot.hr/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I come to all these places with you? haha
    Lizzy | by Lizzy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in England but I still haven't been to London! My step dad works on the trains so goes most days and sometimes my sister and my mum will take the trip with him, have lunch with him on his break, people-watch for a little while and then come home. I think sometime soon I should join them!

    Lauren x
    http://whatlaurendidtoday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. lucky to have experienced NYC already. but Santorini is on my list too!! :D

    Have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning places!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning list! Love it! I have already visited London and Venice. NYC and Santorini are also on my bucket list!

    http://misspippisstyle.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all on my list, apart from London as I live here!
    Santorini is the most beautiful place ever, I so want to go! NYC as well of course :)

    Maya Ophelia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list! I've always wanted to go to London!

    Laura
    http://laurelandfern.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Santorini is definitely one on my bucket list too. It just looks so beautiful! I also am desperate to visit Bali and Peru as well. Now living in NYC, it is just as exciting as you expect it will be. I love it here! Li :)
    Rubyrubyslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete