Monday, July 20, 2015

SUNDAY INSPIRATION 007: Marchesa


Marchesa Resort 2016. Technically speaking, this isn't a very new Marchesa collection, but the absolute beauty of it seems too impossible to miss out. This has to be one of the most stunning, underrated collections I've ever seen. Surprisingly, people have been so caught up in the newest Versace show that they kind of missed out on this one. But after my research at Style.com, I think this one deserves just as much applause.

As a fashion enthusiast, I've always been quite a huge fan of Marchesa. Their play with details and colour is something that never ceases to amaze me and motivate me to push even harder to pursue my dreams of getting into the fashion industry. There's a certain way of how Marchesa portrays elegance and art in their pieces that I find absolutely breathtaking. They always carry the inspiration and incorporate it into their collections in a spot on manner.

According to Style.com, the designers of Marchesa, Chapman and Craig, found inspiration from the art of Islamic tiles to the colours of Morocco. The variety found in this collection shows a little bit of everything. You have this terrific floor-length dress showing great rose-inspired detail on the upper torso, falling just perfectly beneath the collarbone, continued with this made-of-silk bottom part of the dress running down beautifully and effortlessly. 

It's intriguing to see a collection with such a fresh yet bold palette, ranging from soft solid pastels to rich and shimmering textures. I also especially love the white cocktail dress, wrapped around with lace and a couple of delicate rose-inspired embroidery decorating the sides of it.



This final piece has also left me blown away. While the other pieces sit ever so elegantly on the body and swim around in pastels and lace, showcasing technique and creativity, this one shows it off. I couldn't even find the words to express this truly magnificent gown, not to mention the colour it comes in.

And that's all for this quick little inspiration post! There is not much left to say about this collection, other than how much I absolutely adore it. Marchesa has done it again and I cannot wait to see what they come up with next. I think their work perfectly symbolises what fashion should be like, and this collection is simply proof of it.

What did you think of this collection? Are you a fan of Marchesa as well? Leave a comment below and tell me what you think!



15 comments :

  1. Whoa that first dress..... AMAZING!

    @WanderLustGirls
    www.thewanderlustgirls.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous gowns! I'm not sure how I feel about how small her waist is made to look on some of the images x

    aforvogue

    New Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the navy blue feathered dress, it's gorgeous and navy blue is such a pretty colour! x http://www.coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm obsessed with Marchesa, I just think the label is amazing!

    Anika | www.anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. the gowns are flawless! :D

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love being introduced to new designers through the blogosphere. Where do you find new inspirations and beautiful designers? Which blogs are you following?

    Kristy x

    www.theballadofmywanderingtoes.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. All these dresses are truly beautiful and inspiring. The first dress is just wow!!! <3

    Have a nice day! :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really well written review! I love this collection too, the pieces are so beautiful and you can definitely see where they got their inspiration from XX

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my God. OH MY GOD.
    I loved every dress, but the last one, DAMN! SO BEAUTIFUL. I'm not sure I'd look good in it because I'm teeny tiny, but I'd die if I had the chance to try it on.

    -xoxo

    words at dawn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ughh such a beautiful designer, love everything!


    www.casualedit.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marchesa never disappoints. That blue dress is a dream!

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
  12. surely we all she frequently appeared in the end to see how much longer the meat!champagne prom dresses

    ReplyDelete