Thursday, June 11, 2015

TRAVEL: Arc de Triomphe and Champs-Élysées



This is another throwback post of my time in Europe last year. Paris was obviously a dream, and a while ago I already did a short little post of the Eiffel Tower. There were so many places that we got to visit in Paris so this time, I decided to do a post on the lovely Arc de Triomphe and Champs-Élysées.

I absolutely adore Arc de Triomphe. I don't know if it's just because my name happens to be Joanne and my mind kind of associates it with the Joan of Arc (my mind works in mysterious, complex ways sometimes) but I've always really loved the architecture of this great tourist attraction. Sometimes I like to imagine what it's like to just live in Paris where you could just casually drive past the Eiffel and the Arc de Triomphe everyday or something (although I highly doubt it since they are quite distant from each other.)



We were incredibly lucky because just like our day at the Eiffel, our day at the Champs-Élysées was beautiful as well. Blue skies, sunny day, making the whole thing quite picturesque! For a little while, we enjoyed catching a late lunch at one of the restaurants by the street (which was fairly crowded too), and we actually spent most of our time there shopping!

There were huge clearance sales happening in places like H&M, etc, that I felt like it was so heavenly. (We even managed to purchase two pairs of H&M pants for only 5 euros each!) Aside from spending a lot of time inside the stores, we also walked a bit more before finally heading back to the hotel. The whole romanticisation and idea of "shopping in Paris" kind of just made me love it even more.




Champs-Élysées was beautiful. It felt very Paris to me, although I do wish it wasn't so packed with tons of people while we were there, although obviously you can't expect anything much different while you're in Paris. And so, if you ever find yourself in Paris, I'm sure you don't need me to tell you to "stop by" this area because I'm sure you'll visit it nonetheless, but it would be a lot more glorious during sales season. I'm just saying.



The pictures I took really convinced me about how I felt about Paris: How I wish it never changes at all. The trees, the buildings, the streets, the people. As the lovely Audrey Hepburn once said, the city is always a good idea.

Many things to love about Paris, and many more to come on my blog, so be sure to stay tuned!



16 comments :

  1. Gorgeous photos, Joanne. What a trip. The H&M sale sounds like a bonus. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos, Joanne. What a trip. The H&M sale sounds like a bonus. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! Looks like you had fun! Very nice blog you have!

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos! I especially like the first one of the Arc de Triomphe with the soft blue color and this edgy excitement of being in the middle of a busy street. I see there's a small path in between, but I think I'd still be a little nervous with cars passing by besides me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so beautiful and peaceful. I would love to visit the city! Thanks for sharing the beautiful photots!
    xo ClassToCloset

    ReplyDelete
  6. The place looks good. And with a clearance sale, even better!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, such stunning photos! It sounds like you had such a lovely time in Paris! I've only ever dreamed about going to both these iconic locations, and oh, how I wish I can visit them someday! I have a little spot for Champs-Élysées because of the classical piece (I'm a classical musician)! Such a lovely post! <3

    May x • THE MAYDENbloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing photos, i'm dying to visit!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing! I love Paris, especially in the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omigosh these photos are killing me! I'd love to live in Paris one day and your beautiful photos are just fueling my dream!
    ~Sophia
    http://plaidismyfavouritecolour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I also have this big dream of living in Paris. The city is amazing! Xx

      Delete
  11. Beautiful photos! How I wish I could travel right now! :)

    www.jhanzey.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm dying to go to Paris! Looks like you had a fab time too. I really want to go one day.

    www.jessica-cede.blogspot.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous photography! More please <3

    Kristy x

    www.theballadofmywanderingtoes.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great playing weird funny sexy supermodel is a stack of dishes.white homecoming dresses uk

    ReplyDelete