Monday, June 15, 2015

SUNDAY INSPIRATION 006: Culottes



The unquestionable comeback of the culottes are already floating upon us and so I thought it was only appropriate to turn it into a Sunday Inspiration post! Culottes are actually a fashion trend that was blossoming around springtime of this year, but I think that they carry such an awesome fashion statement that it should be considered acceptable for casual everyday fashion, regardless of what season it is.

Okay technically, they should probably be stashed away for winter, but other than that, I think culottes can be worn very easily and do have a way of making your outfit look very expensive. You can wear it with a good halter top, or a simple shirt, blouse, or whatever way works. It's quite easy to pull off, not to mention how awesome it is that it gives you the freedom of wearing pants, but the silhouette play of wearing a skirt.





I love this trend, and as I'm still on the quest of finding a good pair to purchase, it's no question that they create a very well-structured, put-together look. Effortless, yet very chic. Laidback, but stylish. Loose, but sophisticated. Old-fashioned (for it actually started way back in the 80s), but modern and sleek.

I think culottes are best worn with a widening silhouette towards the bottom, meaning that it would be best to choose a top that's quite simple, maybe form-fitting, a crop, or just loose with a normal length. Culottes should be the highlight of the outfit, because it takes up most of the room for attention. It shows off your ankles so you can wear it with any flexible type of footwear (although perhaps boots won't be such a great idea.) Sandals and heels would work best.



To wear this great fashion piece, you don't have to conform to a certain body type. It can hang perfectly from the waist of any body figure and flatters the legs quite nicely. Unlike flare jeans or pants, you don't have to be 6'1" to wear them.

Here are some links as references for the trend:

So this year, if you are trying to upgrade your wardrobe and step up your game with the everyday outfits, culottes are definitely a must-try trend. Frankly, this one simple item could actually make you look like one of those rich fashion bloggers on Pinterest. No, seriously, try one on.



*All pictures were taken from Pinterest

18 comments :

  1. I love culottes and I have one which I bought 4 years ago. I never thought it would make its trend again. :)

    Looking forward to see more of your posts. Do you have an instagram account? Maybe we could follow each other. Let me know by leaving a comment on my blog or sending me a request. I'll follow back :) Thanks!

    IG: @shairangelique

    Have a nice day! :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! I would love to :) Thanks for stopping by! Xoxo

      Delete
  2. great giveaway !!

    you have a gawjus blog here !! had a great read :D

    keep up the good work

    would love to know your thoughts on my new video

    Myquestiontag

    Have a nice day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH i love this Culotte inspo! The first one is my fav

    Make sure you check out my A/D Brazilian Lingerie give-away! You have the change to win a beautiful bra from Gisele Bündchen her collection!

    XX

    http://www.floortjeloves.com
    http://www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to try to culottes trend but being petite I am so nervous it might make me look even shorter.

    http;//www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a big fan of this style but I love the ones at the top lol

    xx
    Tyana
    cityofglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow I've never really been into this trend but all of this inspiration on this post is starting to make me re-think the culotte! Although I suppose as I cover all of my skin, I think these might get tricky! I suppose I could wear leggings under them hahah but that might look silly! But I definitely think you could pull it off! (can't wait to see photos heheh)!

    <(') Hoda | JooJoo Azad, a fashion + social action blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoda, thanks for stopping by! In this case maybe you could go for one of those flare pants, they're really trendy as well! Xx

      Delete
  7. this is so stylish right now!! :D

    Have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  8. Culottes were so big this spring, and I think they're such an interesting trend! I'm not sure how I would style a pair if I got some though. Thanks for sharing!
    xo Kiki
    https://colormekiki.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm absolutely loving culottes at the moment especially for the all over the place weather the UK is getting! Love all the style inspo in this post too, so many stunning outfits x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was dubious about culottes when they came back in vogue, but they really do look elegant! Great choices and inspo :)

    Euriental

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! my type of pants dear! very cozy to wear and keeps me feeling fresh dear :)

    http://www.lavinajampit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. They seem like the kind of trousers I'd want to rock, but don't know if I'd be able to! So in love with the pink striped pair - they're gorgeous!

    A Little Twist Of…

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love culottes! really nice pictures and inspiration!
    kisses from www.vanedresscode.com

    ReplyDelete

  14. In case you happen to be searching for one shoulder homecoming dresses, we suggest you get the best online shops that have the widest collection and largest stock. No matter what your budget might be, you will find a prom dress in the color you prefer, the size that suits as well as style you adore.

    ReplyDelete
  15. a deep V cheap short wedding dresses simple enough that the actress had arrived all wore the colors!homecoming dresses under 100 uk

    ReplyDelete