Thursday, June 18, 2015

Let's Talk Jewellery


Are you ready for my first ever jewellery post? I sure hope so! I guess it's obvious that I don't always talk about jewellery. When I think of jewellery, I do adore them. I'm always intrigued by little or big pieces of jewellery, wherever I see them, and I do wish I'd owned more of them. (Jewellery? Jewelry? The longer you stare at this word, the stranger it looks)

There are plenty of things to love about jewellery. I think aside from fashion and clothes, the pieces of jewellery that a person decides to wear speaks a lot of who they are. Do they wear more metallic, silver, or gold pieces? Do they wear only a few at a time, or like to pile on tons of necklaces and bracelets on an everyday basis? I like to think that accessorising with jewellery is a more delicate way of how people could express themselves. Sometimes they carry memories, stories, but sometimes they simply wrap around you and makes you feel nice about yourself.

Today, I'll be talking about my favourite pieces of jewellery out of the ones I own in this brief post, as well as introduce you to a website I had recently come across called Invaluable. So, let's talk jewellery.



As for favourites, this anklet has to be on the top of my list. I bought it when I was in the Netherlands in one of their large department stores. I've started wearing it a lot more now, and I am so intrigued by its gorgeous colour and ambiance. I bought my friends identical ones, and my sister a purple one. 

It's really a pretty piece of jewellery, and wearing it reminds me of my lovely time in the Netherlands, so bonus points for that. This piece is perfect for summer, specifically because of the colours. I'm so in love with how the soft colours flow along the golden chain, it actually makes it look very classic and simple. (It also happens to reflect light beautifully.)



An edgier item of jewellery that I have is this very special necklace I've owned since I was 13. At that time, I went to Forever 21 with my mom and I remember coming across this beautiful thing and I instantly wanted it. This might sound silly but I'm obsessed with this cross arrow detail because I can wear it with practically every outfit I put together. The length of the chain is also great because the arrows rest perfectly on the collarbone.

I think dainty and little jewellery is always gorgeous, but it's good to go for something a little darker and different. It reminds me of a sense of purpose, and how life is like an arrow: Sometimes we have to be pulled back before being thrown forward in our direction.


This Audrey Hepburn necklace is an item I've kept for a long time as well. Personally, I am head over heels in love with the lovely, iconic lady Hepburn, and I feel like this vintage, classic piece is absolutely perfect. From where I am, it's rare to actually come across something like this so I've been treasuring this timeless piece ever since.


Last but definitely not least on the list (tongue twister alert) would be this gorgeous gold H&M necklace with a doe charm. No words can describe how much I adore this piece. My lovely stepsister gave it to me as a gift, and I love wearing it on special occasions because I'm such a huge fan of nice gold jewellery. The charm is very dainty and pretty, and it also goes well with my mostly neutral outfits like white or nude colours. This item reminds me of pure innocence and grace, and I find it quite lovely.

So basically if, like me, you have a soft spot for nice jewellery, Invaluable is the place to go. This website is actually quite revolutionary because they provide this space of an online auction marketplace. They have a great variety of not only jewellery, but also antiques, collectibles, art pieces, and more which you can bid on, gathered from various auction houses all over the world.

The type of lovely jewellery you could find on this website also varies from pendants, rings, earrings, and more. They even feature pocket watches! The very idea of how you can bid for these gorgeous items is quite wonderful for me. Basically, it gives you wide access and a great opportunity to make brilliant deals on very high quality, stunning items from various designers and brands (even Rolexes are available.)



Seen above is a compilation of my favourite pieces found on the website, so if you are looking to add a little more sparkle to your collection, do check them out!

And that's all I have for this post! I'll be going away on an all-girls camp with one of my good friends, Nikki, for the weekend which I'm looking forward to, and surely enough, I'll be home and up with a brand new post, much likely regarding this event. I'm so excited because it happens to be a motivational, spiritually uplifting camp specifically for girls, so we're fairly thrilled. But anyway, I'll talk to you soon!

Have you heard of Invaluable before? Do you have any favourite pieces of jewellery? Leave a comment below, I'd love to know all about it!


17 comments :

  1. Great pieces !

    http://www.fruityandpassion.com/2015/06/birthday-vibe.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very nice! Great blog you have

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pieces :)

    yellowpumpkiin.blogspot.de/2015/06/its-june-already.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the doe necklace, so cute! :) xx

    Floralchaos

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are such beautiful pieces

    xx
    tyana
    cityofglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cool and beautiful pieces, super nice!
    xx Ama

    PHUCKITFASHION

    ReplyDelete
  7. In general, women with warmer and darker complexions look great in peach, coral and earthy colors. And I think navy is prettier on African and American skin than black is. Girls that are pale can look to the big pastel trend. And lavender is just a huge color this season.light blue homecoming dresses

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks amazing <3
    kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these pieces of jewellery, I usually wear bold statement necklaces and thats about it! Obsessed with them!

    abbievictoriamakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm usually not too keen on gold pieces just because I don't think they suit me very well:p but these are gorgoeus pieces, I especially love the gemmed pieces :) x
    | Life as a Petite || Fashion, Crafts & Lifestyle Blog |

    ReplyDelete
  11. But go a long flesh meat, the United States or the United States,royal blue prom dresses 2015

    ReplyDelete