Thursday, May 7, 2015

The 2015 MET Gala Fashion Reviews


Hello, everyone!

The MET Gala just took place a few days earlier, and what better way to acknowledge the beauty and extravagance of this event than posting a list of my best and worst picks from the red carpet? And so as usual, I decided to compile my favourite (and least favourite) looks from this year's MET Gala fashions, seen on the world's biggest stars. 

This year, I feel like it was definitely a very head-turning series of looks. I think a lot of them tried really hard to stun everyone in the crowd. Frankly, most of them did, just not always in the best way. The MET Gala is always such a big night (even called "fashion's biggest night"), so I totally enjoyed seeing these red carpet snapshots, and I hope you do too.

BEST-DRESSED



I take a stand on this list of best-dressed when I say that I have never been so blown away by a red carpet event before in my entire life. So I constructed this list but in no particular order, but let's be honest, Beyonce might as well be the first on any best dressed list of this MET Gala.

The theme this year was "China: Through the Looking Glass" and Beyonce just became the epitome of exactly that. She was daring yet in every way stunning with this Givenchy sheer gown. Bedazzled too. She wins!

Anyway, apart from Queen Bey, other stars also blew me away with their spectacular ensembles. For example, Kendall. I've always loved Kendall from the start and I just adore her absolute beauty (she didn't even have to go far at all with her hair and makeup, it seems!) This dress is perfectly balanced between subtly elegant and bold or sultry.

Now there's also Anne, Kristen, and Kate, all glowing in their yellow to nude to gold tones of dresses. I adored Anne Hathaway's look. She was flawless top to bottom, and the Ralph Lauren gown perfectly showcased her slim figure. The hood was so different yet a form of elegance. I felt that this was different than what she normally would go for on red carpets, but that just makes it better. Kristen Wiig looked terrific in her dress (making her look like a goddess). I partly think it's her hair that wins, but this dress is actually so hard to pull off, and of all people, Kristen did it, which was surprisingly beautiful. And Kate though! Kate, in my opinion, has never looked better. This Michael Kors gown really just made her glow.

I gasped when I saw how stunning Hailee Steinfeld looked on the carpet. Her dress is such a complete definition of both bold, and magnificent. It's the perfect shade of red, paired with her red lips and gorgeous hairstyle. I simply loved it. Vanessa Hudgens was also captivating in her red dress decorated with jewels, and a Gigi headpiece! The fact that she's now on Broadway makes me extremely happy because I'm a huge fan of Vanessa, but she completely looked so happy and lovely in this MET Gala ensemble.

Okay, now Zendaya. Where do I even begin? Just ask yourself, how many people on earth could literally pull off a look like this? You know what, I think none. Zendaya looked stunning with this dress made by Fausto Puglisi. She wore it with this crown that just completed the outfit with an edge. I adore this dress, it's big and adventurous and just an extraordinary work of art. It wasn't at all too  revealing either, perfect for Zendaya to strut on the carpet. This is what the MET Gala is all about, people.

One supermodel whom I will always look as ultimate bae is Karlie Kloss, who looked gorgeous in her simple, black ensemble. Another lady who took my breath away was Imogen Poots, with her lovely hair and makeup, and classic, flawless gown. Lorde also looked her absolute best in this event with her go-to, subtle makeup and hairdo, but then a perfectly elegant blue dress that wrapped around her like love. She also smiled a lot more than she usually does, so she just looked lovely. I also felt like Ivanka Trump's dress was stunning. Kate Beckinsale also looked extremely spectacular in her hairdo and gold dress.

Last but not least, Rihanna always knows how to come up with the most head-turning, extravagant, amazing look for the carpets. This enormous gold ensemble was extremely brilliant for the MET Gala, especially with the enormous train that follows. A lot of people are putting harsh comments on it, but I, for one, admire her so much for this.

WORST-DRESSED



Okay guys, so what was Sarah Jessica Parker even thinking? One, that dress is plain confusing. And two, the head piece though? It's very well into the whole China theme, yes, but that's something you wear to one of those traditional Chinese festivals, Sarah, not the MET Gala. I was just really shocked that she would even go for something like this. Maybe someone else would've pulled it off, but no, apparently not Sarah.

I'm not a fan of Miley Cyrus, and I know she's all about exposing, but I just can't seem to like anything about this dress. The cuts are just too strange and the blue hair? Not even decently attractive. Lady Gaga's huge ensemble actually was pretty expressive and artistic, if only it wasn't so the opposite of elegance and class. To me, I just didn't see anything from her look. It was too confusing to follow through and frankly, the only thing I liked was the headpiece. Lady Gaga has such a beautiful face and figure, I felt like this dress complimented neither of those.

Chloe Moretz is gorgeous, I'm not gonna lie. I'm also not going to go with what everyone else is saying which is "this dress makes her look fat", because I don't think that sends out a good message. However, I do think this dress does not look good on her. The pattern doesn't align with the theme at all, and the silhouette of this dress is just awful. That and the choker? With the shoes that make her legs look 40 years old? I felt like this was just a really odd ensemble and it wasn't her best choice.

The dresses that Madonna and Katy Perry wore were, I admit, pretty cool with all the daring prints and the shapes (even though I liked Katy's more). However, I've never been a fan of Jeremy Scott and this look just made me dislike him even more. Does Katy look amazing? Sure. But the whole concept of this look has nothing to do with the MET Gala's theme. So frankly, I think it looked very out of place.

So that was all of my thoughts and reviews on the MET Gala carpet fashion looks of 2015!
I hope you guys enjoyed this! Do you agree/disagree? What did you think of the MET Gala this year? Leave a comment below, I'd love to see what you think!



12 comments :

  1. I think everyone was either exceeding or missing fabric on their dresses.
    Baci,
    Coco et La vie en rose fashion blog - Valeria Arizzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Anne looks gorgeous! I absolutely love Kendall's gown too, its so flattering! :)
    https://cherieedle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing…
    Happy weekend <3
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, I thought miley looked great tho

    check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    cityofglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. queen b is stunning as usual - she is ... i don't know i'm speechless.
    But i have to say that in general this year I didn't like the theme or how they represented it (compared to the chaos to couture of 1 or 2 years ago that was sublime!)
    xx from Italy
    Cate ღ kate/idoscope | youtube

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about most of your choices on your best dressed except for Rihanna. I know she won best dressed and stuff but I don't think the dress was flattering. LOVED HER HEAD GEAR THO! Sadly a lot of Chinese stars who looked amazing were missed in a lot of the medias posts. :c

    BCfactor Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yesss I so agree with your picks! The best dressed ones especially, they all look so stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  8. totally agree with your worst dressed!! they weren't on theme and some were just confusing!

    as for my best, i bow down to rihanna!!! soooo over the top amazing!! :D

    Have a great weekend!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  9. tall slim figure has inherent advantages, look good in anything she mash up also to one hundred praise.lace homecoming dresses

    ReplyDelete