Friday, May 1, 2015

April Favorites



Hello, everyone!

So I don't know what's happening with my internet or Bloglovin or practically every blogging site ever but I haven't been able to open any blog posts recently (can't even open my own blog) so I am very very very very sad about this. I've been intending to catch up on my blogging for so long, but hopefully this will be fixed as soon as possible. So for now, I can't open anything on Bloglovin, I couldn't gain followers, and my page views have been so low. Trust me, I'm completely furious.

However, fortunately, it's not blocking me from publishing new posts on my blog (Blogger's working fine), even though right now, they'll have to come at a much slower pace (unlike my usual routine which is a new post for every 3-4 days). I'm happy to finally be able to share with you my April favourites, so here are all my favourites as of this month!



Music
  • The Best Thing (That Never Happened) by We Are The In Crowd - I found myself being stuck with this song for weeks literally, and it ended up becoming, just, my jam. I keep the whole Weird Kids album by We Are The In Crowd in my iPod, and this band rocks. Honestly, if you haven't heard of them, you should check them out.
  • I Lived by One Republic - This song literally feels so victorious and rich with adrenaline, I have been loving it. I'm thinking of putting this into my high school graduation documentary video, which will be exciting. They used it in Glee's final number, and I already had this song before, but now I just love it even more.
  • Brooklyn Duo - The Brooklyn Duo is a fantastic pair of amazingly talented musicians on YouTube. The guy plays the cello, while the girl plays the piano, and they do stunning covers of a bunch of popular songs. They're actually pretty new and still quite infamous, but it's about time for them to get the recognition they well deserve.
  • Papaoutai by Stromae - Okay, I know this song is in French, but just hear me out: Stromae is a genius. His songs are revolutionary. There are simply no other words to describe it better! I'm so obsessed with this song, because of its awesome beat. It was released a long time ago but I've just heard of it now, and people are kind of brushing it off but they're just missing out.
  • WALK THE MOON - A friend of mine recently told me about this band she's heard of, and recommended me two of their songs which were "Tightrope" and "Jenny". Long story short, I was blown away. I ended up listening to these songs nonstop (until today) and I literally can't get enough of them, that I ecided to load all the songs of their album into my iPod. I'm just that kind of person.


Food
  • Heavenly Blush's Greek Yogurt - So lately, local supermarkets have finally been selling Greek yogurt, and we've all been so happy about it. They've been selling out rapidly that I feel like I always need to pick the good days to pick them up from the market! My favourite is the one with the big apple chunks mixed into the yogurt. Yuuummm.
  • Frolic Kitchen's Kokoa Peanut Butter - This is such an amazing creation, you guys. I simply adore this peanut butter so so much, and I did put a little description of it on this post. Mine is actually nearly empty and that's because I love eating it with bread for breakfast. I'm totally gonna rebuy it this month!
Quotes
  • "I'm excited about my life and your side-eye glances won't change that." -Taylor Swift
  • "Always be a work in progress." -Emily Lillian
  • "I'd rather own little and see the world than own the world and see so little of it." -Unknown
  • "For what is worth: it is never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you are proud of, and if you find you are not, I hope you have the strength to start over again." -F. Scott Fitzgerald


Others
  • To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han - This is a book that I bought only a few weeks ago, and because I had school and assignments, it took me quite long to finish. But I still managed to finish it in a week which wasn't bad (being the slow reader I am), and guys, you should read this book. It wasn't as cliche as I thought and I ended up really enjoying it and just falling in love with it. I'll be posting a review soon!
  • The TV show "Friends" - To fill in my free time, I've been getting the opportunity to do a bunch of Friends marathons, and right now, I'm on season 2 where Rachel and Ross are on the early stages of their relationship and needless to say, I'm adoring it. This is such a phenomenal show, and Ross is a dream.
  • My Baymax iTouch hard case - A friend of mine found an entire collection of Baymax-themed phone cases, and they were all so cute that we decided to haul so many cases from the collection to spread out evenly in our group of friends. I went with this one which shows a tiny Baymax sitting in front of the computer. Being a blogger, I felt that it was the most convenient.
  • Finding happiness inside myself - Although I've learned this the hard way, I realized recently how happiness really just comes from within. These days, I've been trying to settle into life with a different approach to happiness. I've been striving on becoming a person that can complete herself, and can be content with who she is, and what she has. I've been working on some attitude issues, as well as physical ones, and so far, I'm doing just okay.
  • Practicing cello - The really cool thing that happened this month to me was the fact that my cello finally arrived after being shipped in by the manufacturer! It's been tough as a beginner on this thing because I feel intimidated by how everyone else knows what they're doing and I'm just kind of there. But nevertheless, it's challenging yet it's thrilling and I like that it's really pushing me to my limits and opening my eyes to a lot of things as well. Trying something new is always a risk but I know I can manage to achieve great things in this.
  • Wattpad - Okay, so Wattpad was on my previous monthly favourites post, but wow, I'm still so stuck with it you guys. For about a few weeks I became a little out of touch with it, but now I've been finding so many different stories and they're all quite amazing! It's mind-blowing how many amazing writers there actually are to discover on this site. Some stories are quite mainstream and overrated, but honestly, I even surprise myself at how fast I manage to read everything on my library. I'm obsessed! If you have an account, make sure to follow me here!
So that's practically it for this favourites post, I sure hope you guys enjoyed it. What have been your favourite picks in the month of April? Did anything exciting happen to you? I would love if you guys can leave a comment below, and tell me all about it! I love hearing from you. Thanks for reading, and stay tuned!



18 comments :

  1. I love your favorites and you have some great song picks

    check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    cityofglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post. This is a really great choice of quotes, I especially like the Taylor Swift one!
    Emily
    http://paperchainblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your favorites posts! I'll have to check out that yogurt because I haven't been eating yogurt and that's bad. ALSO I need that peanut butter because I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER. You don't understand. Love it. Yay yay YES to finding happiness inside yourself! My advice is to create. Capture the release of those emotions through art. :)

    doitfortheirony.com / creative lifestyle blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea how much this means to me, thank you! And yes they sell it online so you should totally check them out! Thank you for that lovely advice as well! Have an awesome weekend. Xoxo

      Delete
  4. Love that quote by Taylor Swift :) Is that from a song or did she actually say that in an interview? really curious :P Lovely faves!

    www.maireem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. Definitely an interview! :)

      Delete
  5. Your pics are soo cute!♥ love baymax !!

    www.aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post! I love your music choices!

    fixmeinfortyfivex.blogspot.co.uk - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That greek yogurt sounds delicious!

    - Elodie x
    www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great favourites! I love peanut butter too x

    Jana // Life of Jana

    ReplyDelete
  9. great post as always :)

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still need to read the "to all the boys" book! And so fun you like WATIC, they're some of the nicest people :) oh and Stromae, he's our Belgian pride haha

    XO Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your music list is so great, I still need to read 'to all the boys' it sounds really good!
    www.norawears.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pieces, and nice snaps of them! Enjoy may, lovely. Take care x

    Louise
    http://louiseplace.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing! I especially needed some new song recommendations!

    XO,
    Meagan
    BLOGLOVIN'
    Hearts of Gold Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very wild after her interpretation of a single product, comfortable and suction eye, red prom dresses

    ReplyDelete