I'm very excited to finally start the new month of April, and now I'm also finally able to share my March favourites for you. This is pretty new for me because as you may have noticed, I've never really posted any type of monthly favourites post, so as a newbie blogger, this is definitely a first for me. Here are my favourites from the month of March:
- Four Five Seconds by Rihanna, Paul McCartney, and Kanye West - To be honest, I adore this song but I actually prefer listening to Sam Tsui's cover. But if you haven't listened to it, you should. It has such a nice rhythm, and I was so thrilled that these musical legendaries came together to produce this.
- Falling by HAIM - Okay, so as an ultimate fangirl for Taylor Swift, I noticed she's been hanging out with the girls from HAIM recently, so I decided to try downloading their songs. This one has got to be my absolute favourite. Such a pretty song.
- I Want You to Know by Zedd ft. Selena Gomez - Totally their choice, but I will forever ship Selena and Zedd. I know they're already together but I really think they should last forever. Oh wait, yeah, the song. Yeah it's a really cool tune, you've probably heard it at... any mall ever.
- Meghan Trainor's album, "Title" - I can't even describe how much I am obsessed with Meghan's songs right now. I knew I liked All About That Bass and Lips Are Movin', but after deciding to download her album, it's just amazing. So so so addicted, it's just the type of music I love to hear!
- Forever by Kari Jobe - Next on the list is this gospel song by Kari Jobe. Her voice leaves me in awe, honestly. She's quite amazing, and this song has been replaying itself in my mind for days now. I am really overwhelmed by how this perfectly defines the greatness of the resurrection of Christ.
- Sugar by Maroon 5 - This song is so catchy and fun and amazing that I can't even deal. Okay the song didn't come out in March, but lately I've been so head over heels about it. This is so much better than their latest which was Animals, which I didn't like at all. But Sugar? Obsessed. Nothing further.
- Pentatonix - If you haven't heard of Pentatonix, they're this amazing acapella group consisting of five extraordinarily talented people, each with a different kind of voice. Their best covers, in my opinion now, are probably La La Latch, Can't Hold Us, and Daft Punk. I've been listening to these guys' covers day and night because their vocals are just so on point, so I think you guys should check them out.
- The Body Shop's Shea Body Scrub - My mom bought this scrub a long time ago, so you might notice the slightly different picture on the lid apart from the ones they sell now, but she passed it on to me because she noticed how dry my skin was getting. It's been immensely useful, I love applying it because it exfoliates the skin wonderfully and smells SO GOOD. I don't use it too frequently to avoid skin abrasions, though!
- Bath & Body Works's Velvet Sugar Body Lotion - I got this online around the end of last year, and lately I've been using it more and more. I kind of feel that every Bath & Body Works product kind of smells the same (honestly), but I happen to adore the smell of this lotion. It smells sweet and leaves my skin moist.
- Maybelline's Clear & Smooth BB Stick - This might be a bit uncommon but I purchased this BB stick at a local department store. Ever since then, I have been so in love with this product. First, the application was pretty tricky for me, but I've gotten used to it now and it's a total lifesaver. It's subtle, natural, and quick, so it totally helps when you're in a rush. No more fuss with BB cream!
- The Face Shop's Nail Polish in PP403 - The Face Shop is a South Korean brand specialising in cosmetics, skincare, and similar products. This is also an item I did not purchase by my own. My sister has kept it for a longest time and about last December, she gave it to me instead. I've never really thought about it until recently, I tried it on on my little finger and bam, love.
- "I'm not aspiring to be someone else. If I'm me for the rest of my life then so be it." -Terry Lander
- "Stop waiting for Friday, for summer, for a boy to fall in love with you. Happiness is achieved when you stop waiting for it and make something of the moment you're in right now."
- "I began to realize how important it was to be an enthusiast in life. If you are interested in something, no matter what it is, go at it full speed. Embrace it with both arms, hug it, love it, and above all, become passionate about it. Lukewarm is no good." -Roald Dahl
- "May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty. May hope forever wipe your tears, and above all, may silence make you strong." -Chief Dan George
- The Cinderella movie! - Despite the obvious downgrading of the Fairy Godmother's character, I was absolutely wonderstruck by this movie. Lily James and Hayley Atwell were gorgeous, Cate Blanchett was slaying, and I am so in love by how magical this film turned out to be. (If you follow me on Instagram, you can see my recent portrait drawing of Cinderella. That's how much I loved it.)
- These new clothes - My mom just came home from her trip out of town, and came home bringing me 2 brand new sets of PJs, a pair of sweatpants, and the cutest sweater ever (one that says "Charmé"). The pyjamas pictured above are Jaclyn Smith and they are so soft and comfortable I just feel so... loved. The same goes for the sweatpants!
- Wattpad - Recently, my friends have been introducing me to Wattpad. If you don't know what it is, it's actually a website/app where you can write your own stories and read other peoples' stories in forms of online chapters and books. You can read my ongoing story (still yet to finish) called "Voyance" here! I also really adored this one story called "Twelve Ways to Spend One's Christmas", so that made me a lot more fascinated about Wattpad as well.
- Taking walks - So lately, I've been taking plenty of walks, a lot more than I used to, and I gotta say I really enjoy it! It's a healthy alternative for when I'm not feeling well enough to go for a run, and I find it really soothing to just walk alone around the neighbourhood or maybe in another neighbourhood. I've been doing it a lot lately and plan on turning it into a real lifestyle change.
That is it for this post! I realize now that I've made it really long but oh well, I hope you enjoyed it! By the way, did you notice this new faded effect I'm going for with my pictures? I just found out how to do that on Photoshop so I'm loving it and am planning to stick to it from now on!
What's on your March Favorites list? Do leave a comment below! Tell me what you think of the things listed above as well. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!