Wednesday, March 25, 2015

#WearYellowForSeth



Hey, everyone! I hope you're doing well.

I guess you may or may not have heard about this story that's been going around the Internet. So there's this beautiful five-year-old boy named Seth Lane. Now Seth here is just like any other normal child, except he was born with a severe immune system disorder. This little boy from England was apparently born with something called the severe combined immunodeficiency or the SCID, basically leaving him with no choice but to live in a sterile environment his whole life. Sometimes, it's even called the "bubble boy disease" because any exposure can bring harm to his body.



Seth's first bone marrow transplant was unsuccessful, but recently, his parents made a video and posted it online. A video of him describing a little bit about himself (with written words on some cue cards then him holding them up) and how much he needs our support.

The way to show your support for Seth is to post a picture of you wearing a yellow shirt or outfit on March 27th, which is this Friday. You can post it on Twitter, Instagram, or whatever social media, and include the hashtag #WearYellowForSeth. From there, his parents will pick some photos to print out and hang inside Seth's room, to let him know just how many people are willing to support him, and how many people actually care about him.




I think this is something that totally deserves all the attention it's been getting. This must be really hard for the family as well as little Seth, so my stepsister and I decided to join in this little hashtag.

We basically grabbed the bit of yellow we have from our wardrobes and stepped outside for a little bit with my camera, and took these photos around the house. These are only some of my personal favourites out of my takes. I don't normally have so many pictures of myself taken like this, but it turned out really good and so I decided it was perfect to hopefully be able to show Seth's parents through the hashtag. It was a cool shoot to do, and I'm really glad that we have a chance to do this for a cause, which is to show our support for Seth as well as his family.

I only hope that his parents will notice once I post these pictures on social media, and I wish that they can show it to Seth and I hope Seth can see all the pictures from people all over the world, and hopefully it can strengthen him for when he's having a rough day. Just the idea of making a five-year-old a bit happier just makes me happy too. He is definitely in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope he is in yours.



So this is something that I really urge you guys to do. I decided to post this on my blog before posting it onto any other social media this Friday just so that you guys can know what's been going on, and hopefully you'll join in and show your support for Seth as well!

Have an awesome day!



15 comments :

  1. I loved this post! I didn't know about Seth's story until now, and I think that the idea of wearing yellow and taking pictures is really sweet! I'm not sure if I have anything yellow in my closet, though.
    You look lovely! That blouse seems really comfortable and it really suits you :)
    -x | words at dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, love this post, thanks for the reminder. You look lovely in yellow btw!

    www.vanessasrunway.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so sweet and so inspiring, Joanne! <3 he is such a cute little boy and i hope he gets better and gets to live a long, healthy life
    you look lovely :)

    xo,
    Kelly

    ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ Creme de la Chic ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

    Hope you're having a beautiful day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing post! It brought tears to my eyes. So many kids are fighting amazing battles. I love that you took the time to feature him on your blog.
    Dresses & Denim -- $100 Estee Lauder skin care kit giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe this post is great
    Xo


    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great post, I didn't know about this till I read your post and I'm definitely going to wear yellow on the 27th to show my support!

    Carolyn x
    Carolyn’s Simple Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! I love being able to help others and volunteering for any cause is great! My boyfriend and I are always looking for places we can feed and help those in need!

    www.tusksandtails.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post and the story behind it is super touching! xx Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is inspiring! Plus, you look nice in yellow :) !!!
    Xxx
    Rafaella Nicoletti

    http://www.TheStyleStash.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos!

    With love, Nastya Deutsch ♥

    http://nastyadeutsch.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that poor little thing. It's great you're raising awareness for him and his illness. Yellow looks great on you!

    Emma Xx

    www.emmaslookingglass.com

    ReplyDelete