Saturday, March 28, 2015

TRAVEL: Lange Voorhout, Den Haag



On my trip to Europe last year, one of the towns I visited that I completely fell in love with was The Hague, or Den Haag, which is a small city in the Netherlands. Not that I think it's possible to even love Holland even more than I do now, but this town is the one I find myself constantly missing. It was gorgeous, and the people were beyond lovely. This might sound a little over the top, but I do want to live there someday. Or maybe just travel and stay there for a long time. That's how much I loved it.

One of the main reasons I fell in love with Den Haag is this street that they have called the Lange Voorhout. It's actually a street located around the centre of Den Haag, and it is just, wow, what word should I even use? Magical? 



It was literally surreal. The trees were absolutely breathtaking, and the street was so serene and beautiful. Along the sides of the street itself, there was your typical row of pretty Dutch homes, and in a few spots inside the park, there were actually some modern art sculptures (which I sadly didn't get to photograph at that time).



There's really not much to say about this one, so I'm kind of aiming for a more visual post this time. Just, you gotta see it for yourself. No filters were used in the making of this post. I hope the beauty of Lange Voorhout takes your breath away just like how it takes mine away every time I look back at these photos. I just have no words.



And so this ongoing wanderlust continues, in the form of my travel blog posts, and so continues my undying love for Holland as well as my extreme wish to be able to go back. I'm not going back this year, but hopefully next year, or the year after that. I'll definitely come back, I just know it.

What do you think of these photos? Do you also have a place you travelled to recently and are just dying to go back to? Leave a comment below, and tell me all about it!
Have a splendid weekend!


PPS: Did I mention I have an ongoing story on Wattpad right now? If you're interested, you can read it here!




24 comments :

  1. Lovely photos, the place looks amazing :)
    I actually want to visit The Netherlands too
    I'm learning Dutch at the moment so it would be nice to get some practice!
    Love your blog, following now :)

    Neeny x

    neenyslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful pictures!

    With love, Nastya Deutsch ♥

    http://nastyadeutsch.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, your photography is amazing!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Joanne,

    beautiful photos and place :) Seems like you really enjoyed your trip :)

    Cannot wait to read more from you!

    Have a nice day,
    Zuzana

    http://allquietonthedreamerfront.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely pictures wow !

    I am following you now!
    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow So lovely photos!
    Amazing post!

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC as well? I promise I’ll follow you back <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful photos dear.
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll absolutely keep this place in mind when I visit the Netherlands in the future, how gorgeous! So lush and dreamy. Love your pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This place looks so cool
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dying to go back to Sevilla, Spain. I think I left a piece of my heart there! These photos look stunning, my best friend lives in Den Haag and I love it there! xo // Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures :)

    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The trees are amazing
    I love it
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look beautiful!
    xx Elle

    New outfit post on:

    www.cherryblossomstreet.com - Swedish Fashion Blogger and Model in TOKYO

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow such a lovely post! great job x

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never been there, but it does look magical! :)

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, beautiful pictures <333

    Do you have an instagram account? Maybe we could follow each other. Let me know by leaving a comment on my blog or sending me a request. I'll follow back :) Thanks!

    IG: @shairangelique

    Have a nice day!

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your photos really! Honestly I'm not the traveller, I prefer it to stay at home and I really seldom feel the wish to visit a place where I have been again ... Nevertheless I enjoyed your pictures really!
    xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful pics, it must have been such a lovely trip :) x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely pics


    Check out my new post on my blog about Red, Blue and Green Ensemble
    http://carrieslifestyle.wordpress.com

    Posts online about Hollywood, Beijing, South Africa, many styles...

    ReplyDelete