Wednesday, March 4, 2015

TRAVEL: Castle Street, Berlin

Last year, as I have mentioned a few times earlier, my mom and I took a 2-week trip to Europe. We visited France, Holland, Italy, and Germany. Quite recently, I finally managed to gather all the photos I took from the trip and stuff them into my laptop's iPhoto (and it was no easy task, trust me). I decided to share all these travel photos inside my blog so I'm very excited to start sharing my stories from my trip with you guys.

This time, I specifically wanted to show you guys these pictures I took while we were walking along the  Schloßstraße (pronounced: schlossstrasse), a street which I'm quite sure is located around the southwest area of Berlin, Germany. So "Schloßstraße" itself literally translates into "Castle Street". This is actually because the road kind of starts off from the Charlottenburg Palace (I'll write a post for more about this some time later). Basically, it's this really lovely and pretty street lined with mostly houses, flower shops, and antique stores. I totally loved it, it was a peaceful area, really pretty and just a nice atmosphere.


So there was this statue of a seemingly heroic man right in front of the Charlottenburg Palace, but I didn't really know much about it. Because we were there alone with no tour guide, and there was no written explanation anywhere near the statue (none that we could read, anyway), so I assumed it was just... there. Like he was guarding the castle or something. I felt like it was quite historic anyway, so I actually found myself standing in front of and staring at him. It felt kind of like a sign of me respecting him for whatever it is that he did.

The houses were actually quite fascinating as well. Like there was this yellow house with a really really nice door. So I took a picture of that. Not creepy. And then in some houses, you would see these little flowers bloom in their front yard. There wasn't any garden of roses or anything like that, but we would frequently see flower pots arranged nicely on the balconies, or sometimes smaller ones would just be sitting there behind the fences.



I found the houses quite pretty, because back at home is really nothing like this. I've always admired Germany for their architecture, and so looking at these buildings were quite fascinating. In the middle picture, you could actually see an old-fashioned, classic looking house right next to a modern, new and minimalistic one.




(Fun fact: That's actually my mom on the upper left picture)

In my trip to Europe, I was really quite fascinated by all the people around me. I didn't know them but I thought wow, they all have different stories and here I am, kind of jumping into their world for a little bit. 

The picture of that couple, now that was actually a really adorable sight to see. They were actually just standing there, watching their dog kind of play around in the grass. It was really such a nice and simple moment, too lovely not to capture anyway. They didn't notice me taking their picture, but I really tried not to look creepy or stalker-ish while doing it (haha). Really, I did.

And as I mentioned earlier, that's just the picture of the flower shop that was located there. It was called "Blumen" which literally just means "flowers" in German. I passed by this shop and a bunch of other shops down the road and realised that they had the loveliest flowers ever.



I really adored this little sign on one of the flower shops. It was just put up there behind these pots of tiny roses. I thought that was just way too pretty. I really fell in love with all the flowers they had, with all these radiant colours coming to life. It certainly inspired me.



These were just the roads that led to the other directions. Right across the intersection, there was this larger building with a purpose I didn't know of. But anyway, I still really liked looking down the streets ahead as well as looking at the buildings like these. The architecture, the long wide roads, Berlin really had a strong vibe about it. It was cold and cloudy but it really was quite a lovely day.

Have you been to Berlin? How was it for you? Leave a comment below, I'd love to hear more about it from you! Stay tuned for more.




36 comments :

  1. Amazing scenery and picture quality. Thanks for sharing.

    Eye See Euphoria | http://eyeseeeuphoria.com/post/eye-adore-the-fashion-flite-style

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go to Berlin, it looks so nice there
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shots - i cant wait to do my Eurotrip one day!!

    from Aus,

    Tahnee

    http://misstahtravels.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photographs are absolutely stunning! It just makes me want to visit myself! x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Berlin is one of my favourite cities, so much history and it's stunning! Your photos convey its beauty perfectly x

    Charlotte / Colours & Carousels

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow amazing photos , great post ... I'm planning my visit so I hope in summer I'll visit Berlin Iuhuuu
    check out my blog

    https://thefashionsateen.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ah, you should. Have a great trip!

      Delete
  7. Havent been to Berlin, but i would love to go there soon <3 Lovely shots btw.

    Leigh Cee | Ich Liebe Dich Sky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly worth a visit! Thank you. :)

      Delete
  8. lovely post ! make me want to go now :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfectly inspiring <3
    wish you a great day ahead…
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool that you visited in the context of your trip to Europe also our German capital!
    xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures!!
    Baci,
    Coco et La vie en rose - Valeria Arizzi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, these photos are gorgeous! Such a lovely place

    Lucy Amelia | flawedfairytale

    ReplyDelete
  13. I’m in love with your blog! I like your photos and style of writing! I know that it requires so much time to update blog, but keep doing it!)
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you thank you! <3 You're very kind.

      Delete
  14. I love travel photos and yours are gorgeous!! I've never been to Berlin, but I'd imagine it's a great city to visit.

    Thanks for sharing :)

    Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never been to Berlin, but I've heard great things about it. I really enjoyed looking at your photos!

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super nice this place!! Perfect pics! ;)
    Kisses from Spain.
    Xoxo, P.

    My Showroom


    ReplyDelete
  17. I have never been in Berlin but your pictures are absolutely beautiful!

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  18. very beautiful and interesting pictures
    http://keepcalmandreadmorebooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohh it looks lovely! I have been to Berlin but was the middle of winter and did not look as nice and clear as this. I really want to go back! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, then you've definitely missed a lot! You should totally come back! :)

      Delete
  20. what a beautiful place!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win the rose gold GHD set on my blog - click here!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow, beautiful pictures! Looks like a great place to visit! :)

    www.vanessasrunway.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. These photos are all far too beautiful! I've actually always wanted to go to Berlin and these photos make me want to go even more! Also your mother dresses so well! Kudos to her! xx

    <(') Hoda | JooJoo Azad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hoda! Very glad to see you stop by and leave a comment!
      Haha and yes, I gotta admit she does! Xo

      Delete
  23. amazing pics dear :)

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete