Sunday, March 22, 2015

SUNDAY INSPIRATION 004: Flared Pants



Hey, guys! This is the second post that I got for you guys which is the fourth post in the Sunday Inspiration series!

I've noticed lately that there's this trend going on around fashion bloggers where they wear 70s-inspired outfits along with the items they're wearing. So of course, that calls for bohemian vibes, fringe, boots, and flared pants! I've actually always loved the idea of flared pants but I think these things, right now, are definitely making their comeback. There's just something exclusively classic and wonderful about them, and you can style them with pretty much anything! It carries a huge fashion statement and it's easy to make it look nice!

I think flared pants mostly come in forms of flared jeans. You can find flared jeans in pretty much any store that sells jeans. I mean we all know that skinny jeans are never going out of style, but it's about time we give flared jeans a little chance!






My dos and don'ts for wearing flared pants would probably be:
  • Do make sure there's a perfect colour and pattern combination on your look. Keep things balanced because flares take up a lot of room, therefore attention. It's easy to go a little too far and make your outfit look like it's a little too much, so keep things simple and let the extravagance go to the bottom of your pants.
  • Don't pair it with sneakers. Please, please, never sneakers with these. Or platforms, or wedges. If it's flared jeans, then wear some nice heels or maybe like a really cool pair of boots. If it's other than jeans (so maybe it's like chiffon or something similar) then sandals can still work. Sneakers would make your legs look a little sluggish and frankly, you'll look like one of those teenagers in the 70s who never brush their hair.
  • Don't over-accessorize. In relation to number one, you don't want to go for too much. A simple handbag or clutch will do just fine. A nice hat would be cool also! But try to go light on things like necklaces and bracelets, the noticeable stuff.
  • Do give it a try and go for a high-waisted look. Maybe buy a nice pair of high-waisted jeans, which you can style with a really nice white shirt or blouse. You know, you might as well emphasize on the pants, so why not? And it'll certainly make your legs look extra longer.
  • Don't wear it with an oversized poncho or kimono or anything similar. In terms of the silhouettes, a poncho or a kimono will definitely be very eye-catching and it will extremely steal some attention. To go big at the top, and big at the bottom would be too dramatic. If you do want to wear flares but you also need layers, go for a neat blazer or a simple cardigan.
What do you think of flared pants? Do you own a pair? How do you like to wear them?
Leave a comment below, and don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin to stay tuned to my other posts!



PS: Thoughts in Tiffany Blue now has a brand new Pinterest page! Follow it here!

37 comments :

  1. All these are amazing, really love that last pair x

    Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this inspirational post and it really has inspired me to wear flared pants! I love reading your tips too! x

    Beyond The Velvet | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, very good the do and donts x

    http://latravelera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like flared trousers but skinny girls looks great in it! Really retro :)

    I hope that you visit my blog too and maybe follow: SPIKED-SOUL.BLOGSPOT.COM :)
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am inspired by these by these looks! Thanks :)
    Omnivogues

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh god these girls can all pull them off amazingly but I just know they would look terrible on me haha x

    JoBrlw

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great inspiration!
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember this fashion trend from times when I was about 6 or 7 and it's on top again :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could wear flared pants, but I'm only 5'0", so I just look even shorter! But I love these looks.
    Julia
    Little Miss Haute Couture

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool trend!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice! I missed my baggy pants =D

    http://donapapayas.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great, inspirational post! Back when these were a huge trend I'd wear 'em all the time and now I often see a pair I'd love to wear again. xo // @ Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Naomi! Yeah they're definitely coming back!

      Delete
  13. Perfect inspo!

    I really want a pair, but alas I am too short.

    Lauren | Stylingo | Twitter xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving this style post! I need a new pair of flared pants!

    lifeisashoe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! These are all such great flare inspiration!

    www.tailoredandtrue.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post! I'm still trying to figure out how to wear flare for the coming season! and your post is so helpful!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad this trend is back. Flared pants just give the body a nice sleek look.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I seriously need to get a pair of these
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Flared pants always come back in the Springtime! Thanks for the inspiration! It kinda makes me wish I hadn't thrown away my flared jeans from way back when!

    be the plebeian

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh yes, they are so back.
    These flared pants inspirations are great.
    I think of Rachel Zoe when I think of flared pants
    she's wearing them when only a few are.

    http://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you're right! I never realised how much she likes to wear them! (I love her, by the way) Xx

      Delete
  21. This post is so perfect! Beautiful photos and outfits! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm a true skinny girl fan but this post has made me really want a nice pair of flared pants!

    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same when seeing the trend going around!

      Delete
  23. I don't think I could ever pull of flared trousers but they look incredible on so many people!

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
  24. really useful post! I've been wanting a pair for flared pants but wasn't sure how to style them!

    http://styledbystephb.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete