Friday, March 6, 2015

Places in Town: Jamoo Restaurant

For my mom's 44th birthday a few days ago (March 5th), our family decided to go out for dinner. We eventually picked this one restaurant in town that my mom really likes called "Jamoo". The name comes from the actual Indonesian word "jamu", meaning having a meal (usually a meal with a guest).  The restaurant is basically a buffet, all-you-can-eat restaurant located at the Shangri-La hotel, which is just a 20-minute drive from home.

I really loved it there. The food was obviously fantastic, and for some reason, I always love going to the Shangri-La. There's just something about five-star hotels I can't help but admire. Maybe it's the beautiful service, the nice atmosphere, or maybe just how neat and lovely it is. The thing I love the most is the service really. The people are so nice to you, they attend to your needs and treat you very wonderfully. Of course, you're supposed to find this type of service in every five-star hotel, but this one feels pretty special to me.

They really had a wide range of food to choose from. There was a Japanese corner, filled with sushi, sashimi, salmon soup, and you know, just all the good stuff. Aside from that, still inside the appetizers section, there was this salad corner. Basically, it's not an all-you-can-eat dining place without a salad corner, right? So they had fresh lettuce, sweet corn, four types of dressing (including cocktail dressing, french dressing) and they even served this amazing Japanese potato salad! It's just, wow, you had to be there. Other than that, it was mostly just seafood all around (although it wasn't the best seafood because it didn't taste as fresh).

The main course section was terrific as well. They had a noodles station and a pasta station. Also,  for the meat, they specially served duck for the evening, but also had a variety of chicken, beef, and lamb. There was this fish fillet marinated in teriyaki sauce and I swear, it was the best. Not to mention the lasagna! Quite heavenly. (The lighting on the tables were pretty dim also, so I didn't get the chance to document the food I took. Regretting this every second.)

Lastly, desserts. Wonderful. Just, wonderful. They had so many different types of cake to choose from. Banana chiffon, green tea with white chocolate, opera, tiramisu, everything was there. There were also pancakes and ice cream (YAAAASSSS). They also served bread butter pudding! I was firstly really excited when I spotted it because it's one of my favourite things in the world, but it turns out that the pudding that night wasn't as good as usual. It was quite dry and not as soft or moist as how it should've been, which was a total bummer. But still, the chocolate fountains really made up for it.

Other than all of this, they also had juice, bread, soup, and many other things that I didn't manage to take a picture of (mostly because it was quite a crowded evening, and people were already staring) (starting to think like I need to work on my courage so that I could take pictures for my blog every now and then without missing too many important details).

What do you think about buffet restaurants? Do you often to go to one for special occasions? Leave a comment below and I'd love to hear from you.

From the girl who's a total sucker for good food,



PS: I recently found out that I finally reached 75 followers on Bloglovin! I am so happy and excited about this. It's not a whole lot but it's a start and I'm very glad. Thank you thank you thank you.



15 comments :

  1. That looks so delicious <3

    Kind regards,
    Luise | www.just-myself.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me so hungry, and I've just eaten! Looks amazing x

    www.totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks delicious! Nice post! X Minale
    http://minaleme.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made me hungry! Love the pictures!

    Dora
    New post up!
    https://thebangsbang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. so much good food!! woaahh!!! I'm hungry now, haha!

    have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing!!

    www.lifestylefunxion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect place to have dinner and celebrate a birthday - the buffet looks so delicious and fresh! I know what you mean about five-star hotels and restaurants and the service you get. I love hotel buffets but get full so fast it's usually not worth the price for me, so I normally go for à la carte which is good too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! We get full pretty fast too, so my parents like to aim for credit promos haha! :)

      Delete
  8. This looks so amazing! It really does look like a perfect place for dinner <3
    xx Ama

    PHUCKITFASHION

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! all those dishes look so amazing!

    Connie | Sponsored by Coffee | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG this place looks heavenly! All that sushi, yummm!

    www.tusksandtails.com

    ReplyDelete