Monday, March 9, 2015

44 Facts about My Mother

Hello, everyone!

In celebration of my mother's 44th birthday last week on March 5th, I have decided to provide you with a fun list of 44 things about my mother. I really adore my mom and because I lost my dad, often times, I feel like she's the only one I have in this world. She's extremely special to me obviously, and as a mother, she's taught me so much. Over the course of me growing up, we've become a lot closer. She's really becoming more and more of a best friend to me, and I love her so much. I've thought long and hard to fill this  list (even started interviewing here and there) so I hope you find this quite interesting!
  1. She has a big sister and a little sister, so she's the middle child in her family.
  2. She's always had short hair ever since I was born and has never been interested in growing it back.
  3. She owns an arts & crafts store (I wrote a bit about it on this post).
  4. She sometimes wears reading glasses now.
  5. She was very naughty when she was younger.
  6. In reference to number 5, she liked riding her friends'  motorcycles without her parents' permission.
  7. Also regarding number 5, she once waited for a cuckoo clock to start cuckooing and when it didn't, she opened it up forcefully and pulled the wooden bird out herself. She was only a child when she did this.
  8. She has a pretty nice taste in fashion. She dresses stylishly, yet modestly.
  9. She's the ultimate Audrey Hepburn fangirl.
  10. She loves big pieces of jewellery. She always looks for the boldest necklaces, or the most extravagant earrings. Although, she always wears them with simple clothing.
  11. She has an excessive amount of shoes and handbags. (Notice how I said "amount" instead of "number", because you know what that means? Uncountable.)
  12. She's had 3 kids (and I'm the youngest).
  13. She was always a popular girl in school. She had fair skin, she was always a lot taller than her friends, and she was (and is) pretty. A lot of boys liked her, and a lot of girls either wanted to be her best friend, or they just wanted to be her. This information came from her high school friend.
  14. She's still pretty tall now.
  15. She's worked in several companies and held several jobs. She's a true hard worker. She's earned everything that she has right now.
  16. Her favorite type of car is the Range Rover. 
  17. She still dreams of having one.
  18. Her shoe size exceeds every other girl in our family.
  19. This year, she's officially become a grandma.
  20. About last year, my mother had to endure some pain because there was a problem with her backbone. It seemed that her spine kind of shifted to a wrong direction due to too much pressure put on it (like spending all day sitting in her office), and it kind of pressed down on one of the nerve systems located near her spine. She ended up having to take Pilates intensively , and she also had to go swimming quite frequently. Now, things are okay. But she still can't stand still for too long, or pick up (or carry) objects or luggage that are too heavy, or wear heels that are too high.
  21. She loves Europe, especially Paris. She travels there once a year every year for a family business meeting.
  22. Leopard prints make her cringe.
  23. She enjoys wearing shorts and sneakers.
  24. She once wore an impermanent tattoo (of a feather) on the back of her neck.
  25. And one of a butterfly on the back of her shoulder (which led to skin allergies and just a horrible rash).
  26. She has the smoothest skin, like ever. She takes such good care of her body, but her skin is still quite sensitive.
  27. She's written a book and it's now on its way to being published (yay!)
  28. She has an unhealthy obsession for vintage objects, decorations, furnishes, and antiques.
  29. Ribbon embroidery is just, her thing. Really.
  30. She adores batik (it's a type of pattern that originated from my country, it's usually found on fabric and pieces of clothing)
  31. She could be quite a big spender! (Hence, number 11.)
  32. She loves binge watching. I'm talking Criminal Minds, Ghost Whisperer, Revenge, The Mentalist, Chicago Fire, Dexter, and more. This happens because right now, the only work she's ever doing is with her store. She could come in whenever she pleases. I know. I'm jealous too.
  33. She drinks coffee and eats bread every morning.
  34. She loves her kids more than anything.
  35. Her favourite flower is the white rose.
  36. She does not play any musical instrument.
  37. She loves mystery. Mystery games on her iPad, mystery novels, just about everything. She's got a whole shelf filled with Sidney Sheldon, Mary Higgins Clark, and more.
  38. She's a total fan of Pinterest apparently!
  39. The sight of red velvet makes her cringe (what??) and yep, it's because she does not enjoy seeing food that doesn't have an original or real colour. The different colour just makes her not want to eat it. This also goes for the rainbow cake but, come on, who likes that anyway?
  40. She lost both of her front teeth (I'm talking about the real, grown-up, permanent ones) when she was younger. The ones sitting in her mouth now are synthetic.
  41. She likes to buy us things we don't ask for.
  42. She gives amazing life advice. She writes, so she has a very deep understanding of life. She's one hell of a strong Christian woman.
  43. She makes awesome tater tots.
  44. She's literally the best mom I could ever ask for. If I were born again and got to choose which mom I had, I'd still pick her over anyone.
That's all for this post! What are some facts you could list about your mom? Mention a few below, I'd love to read them! I can't wait to share with you more stuff in the future, so stay tuned!




43 comments :

  1. This is so cute! I love my mum too :') Haha in fact she's binge watching a couple of kdramas right now. And we watch crime shows together! The ones you mentioned too ;)

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet post! Your mom seems like a wonderful woman!

    Abby
    www.champagnpelans.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its such an amazing thing to honour your mum here :) She's so pretty - you both are!! We all should appreciate our mums ;) Its a great message you're putting out there hun!
    LOVE IT.

    X, Carina
    Running White Horses | Fashion + Travel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carina! You're very sweet! Xoxo

      Delete
  4. Lovely post and pictures. Your blog is one of the best ones I've seen lately!
    Love from Dubai,
    Aena

    www.TouchofA.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super cool way to show your mom you love her! I might have to steal your idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw what a beautiful post!!

    Maggie
    www.PolishedClosets.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww I love this post! How sweet of you sharing all these facts about your mom. I love coffee and white roses too! Also, she's a pretty young grandma. Btw, we (you and I) share the same name.

    xo Jo

    http://www.whiterosesandcoffee.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you for reading! <3 She is, isn't she?
      Oh yeah we do! Hey there!

      Delete
  8. lovely post! so sweet!

    Irene
    www.thedailylace.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is an amazing post.
    I love how you really well known your mother.
    I love my mother too though were faraway.
    I missed her.
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, this was really sweet to read. I wish you well! <3

      Delete
  10. wow you are a very lovely child to her
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2015/03/beard-men.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great post. Your mother is lucky to have you!

    Would you like us to follow each other on GFC?

    www.fashion-board.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I don't use GFC right now, sorry!

      Delete
  12. You are lucky girl!) I Like your blog very much! I found your posts very interesting! And also I like your beautiful photos! I know that blog requires much time, but keep doing it!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is such a cute post and fun facts about your mom. Belated Happy Birthday to your mom! :)

    I'm now following you on bloglovin'. Hope you'll do the same!

    Looking forward to see more of your posts :)

    Have a nice day!

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, how fun! I love this post! It was so fun reading all about your mom :) What kind of book is she going to publish? So cool!

    Circus & Bloom
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. As a mom and as someone that misses her own mom I can safely say that this post is awesome. Totally smiling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute post!!

    Augusta
    http://www.augustamikkelsen.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is so cuute:)
    Emma xx
    http://iemmafashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. seems like a great woman to look up to! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this was such a lovely post. So sweet of you to write this, Joanne. Your mom sounds like a great woman and mother! Enjoyed reading this a lot, thank you for sharing it with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved this post, maybe I will do one about my mum too! hahah

    http://justohana.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice to have such a great relationship with your mum!

    Dora
    NEW POST!
    https://thebangsbang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Perfectly inspiring <3 you are blessed with an angel
    wish you a great day ahead…
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. This was so sweet. Your mom seems like a wonderful woman!

    - Liz
    Check out my latest post: http://www.lizlizo.com/fashion/swinging-asymmetrical-hemline/

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is such a cute post! Happy Birthday to your mom! :)

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
  25. Obviously you have a wonderful mother! How cool she was that naughty :)
    xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really nice post! X Minale
    http://minaleme.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  27. gorgeous post

    http://amandachic.com/

    ReplyDelete