Thursday, February 12, 2015

Thoughts on Grammys 2015 Red Carpet Fashion


Hey there, everyone!

As I'm sure you've heard, a few days ago, the 2015 Grammy Awards took place and as always, it was a spectacular event that everyone basically anticipated and got excited about. I really adored how the event turned out. I was kind of sad that Taylor Swift didn't win anything (because "1989" deserves 10 Grammys in my opinion), but I'm very happy for Sam Smith and his big night with 4 wins this year. He absolutely deserved it, his music is beautiful and very soulful, and his voice is pure brilliance.

So of course, other than the actual event, the thing I was mostly excited about was seeing the red carpet looks this year. There were a lot of interesting looks this year, but I'm so excited to share with you some of my personal favourites and my personal least favourites. 

BEST DRESSED:


I am not a big fan of Nicki Minaj, but I must say, her look slayed the carpet. I actually adore how she looks. Sure, it's a little too much on the upper part, but I think it's amazing that she's strutting her curves. The dress falls stunningly on her, and her hair and makeup deserves a round of applause. I didn't expect to put her on my Best Dressed list, but this is an obvious development compared to the whole Pope business.


I also did not think that I would put Miley Cyrus on my Best Dressed list. Nothing against her, but I'm also not a big fan of her personally. Don't get me wrong, her music is great, but the twerking kind of did it for me. But anyway, I think she pulled off an ultra-gorgeous look in this year's Grammys! I love the dress and how it shows some serious skin, but it still wraps around her and honestly, she looks pretty great.


Need I say more? My queen definitely won at this year's Grammys. If it's not a Grammy, then it's definitely a Best Dressed. She looks absolutely stunning, this dress looks like heaven on her. It perfectly complements her tall figure, and I am in love with how simple her hairstyle is, as well as the subtle but stunning makeup. The silhouettes are brilliant, the colour of the dress is simply breathtaking, and I love that Taylor paired it with those gorgeous shoes in a different colour. Point is, Elie Saab never fails, like ever.


I didn't know about what Anna was wearing until I was scavenging through some Grammys red carpet galleries and found her. Can I just.... breathe??? Wow. Just, wow. Anna was stunning in the Golden Globes, and this? Again? I totally believe that she's getting a bit more credit these days and she is definitely taking a promising and extraordinary turn in fashion. How must I explain how much I love this? The hair, the makeup: Gorgeous. The actual outfit is so sharp and it's actually brilliant. Like sure, she's gonna wear a suit to the Grammys. Aside from Taylor, this is my ultimate favourite outfit.


I personally expected a lot more from Queen B, but this look still did not disappoint at all. The dress is gorgeous on her, and I really love how she just glows. The simple hair looks great on Beyonce, and even if I wished she would've put on more makeup on her eyes, she still looks stunning from top to bottom!

WORST DRESSED:


Okay, okay, okay. Zendaya. I love her, yes. Very much. I've always thought that she was truly an amazing young celebrity who were about to go places. I still do. But this is not working for me. Some of you might like it, but I definitely do not. Okay, I like the slit that showcases her perfect legs, but other than that, there's nothing to like about this. The colours work together nicely, but this whole look is so confusing. One, the cut does not look good on her. Two, neither does the lipstick. Three, she looks 43. Four, those are not the shoes to wear to the Grammys. Five, is the dress beautiful? Yes it is. But it's simply not meant for the Grammys. This is just not working for her.


How do I begin to explain why I strongly dislike this? The cut on the dress is actually isn't bad except the horrible cut at the bottom part of the dress. It wouldn't have been as bad if it weren't for that hairstyle. Oh no. What kind of hair stylist would let her make that decision? Okay, technically, it's actually a pretty stunning do. But does that work on her? No. Does it work with the dress? Aw heeeelllll to the no.


This dress definitely caught me off guard. Rihanna did pull off quite the head-turning dress with this, and it did really mark this year's Grammys Red Carpet fashion. It is a shocking fashion statement made by one of the most powerful female artists ever, but oh come on now. I'm not going to say I like this or honour or adore this because I don't! The pink is nice on her skin tone, but what's with the crazy puff situation here? She looks beautiful, don't get me wrong. But oh, it should've been a much different dress.


What is going on with this dress??? I do not like this look at all on Ariana. I love her, and think she still looks gorgeous in any situation, but this dress! The "Break Free" music video is kind of over, darling. The clutch is nice, but what is going on? This dress would've been nicer without the silver outburst there. This isn't the worst look on the Worst Dressed list, obviously. I just think Ariana could have done better!

So that's all I have to say about the Grammys 2015 red carpet looks! I hope you enjoyed this brief review on the fashion looks of the year's Grammys. I did enjoy the event, so I'm very glad that some artists really outdid themselves.

What did you think of the red carpet fashion in the Grammys this year? Do you agree or disagree with my thoughts above? Leave a comment below, I'd love to hear what you have to say!





5 comments :

  1. Awesome post! Unfortunately I missed the Grammys this year but at least I can get caught up on the outfits :)

    Beauty & Colour

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I followed you on Pinterest, follow back if you like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Love the dresses! X Minale
    http://minaleme.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pretty much agree with all of these. What is that thing Ariana Grande is wearing?

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna Kendrick looks incredible! Although she can never do any wrong in my eyes.

    http://embrace-thedetours.com

    ReplyDelete