Sunday, February 8, 2015

Soledad Illustrations for L'Occitane Hand Cream


Hello, beautiful people!

I've been wanting to do this little review for a very long time. Today, I'll be talking about this hand cream collection by L'Occitane that my mom got me a few weeks ago. So for this adorable set of hand cream, L'Occitane did a collaboration with ELLE magazine involving an illustrator from France named Soledad Bravi. After getting this product, I looked her up on the internet, and it turns out she is very well known for her eye-catching and dainty illustrations!

According to what I know after doing a little research, Soledad was born in Paris in 1965 and is well known for her illustration career right now. Other than designing illustrations for adult magazines (including ELLE), she also did some illustrations for these adorable children books.



These four adorable limited-edition tubes come in this cute packaging with illustrations from Soledad on the outside. At the front, it shows a drawing of a girl seeing her hand cream tubes, clapping her hands, and saying "They are too cute!" in French. Accurate image of me when I actually opened the pouch.

At the back, it has "So cute!" written in 10 different languages, which is adorable. The orange-coloured pouch is pretty simple and small (but a little too big even, for four 10 ml tubes) so it's quite compact and nice to carry around (so it is possible to carry all four of them at once) (YES).

To be honest, I don't normally need to apply hand cream that desperately for my hands, because even if I have dry skin, it only shows on my arms and face. I usually only apply hand cream because of the scent and how nice it is to just carry around in your bag. But I have a feeling these tubes are going to be an exception.


It seems that the inspiration for these four hand creams are actually the four seasons: Spring, summer, autumn, and winter. So each tube actually holds its own scent as well as a depiction of the season illustrated with a cute, dressed-up lady admiring the smell of different things. The smells described are actually smells that corresponds with the seasons themselves! It's quite an interesting and unique concept for hand creams, so I am definitely glad with this product. The tiny words were a bit hard to capture so I suggest you just buy them already, you guys. Trust me on this.



From left to right, the hand cream scents include:

1. Cherry Blossom (Spring). This is possibly considered my personal favourite out of the four of them. The name of the scent is quite self-evident, but basically, it has this floral and feminine scent to it. It feels quite delicate and sweet compared to the others. To me, it smells so good it could be a fragrance. It just sends me into a good mood!

2. Verbena (Summer). So when I first read this I was like "is that a French word or something?" And okay, apparently, I didn't know what a verbena is. But just for a heads up, verbena is actually a type of flower that grows a lot around America and Europe. This cream's texture is a lot more moist and liquidated compared to the others, but the scent is still really authentic and soothing. It kind of reminds me of a nice spa day.

3. Shea Butter (Winter). I understand that the vibe from this scent is supposedly winter and cold, but I can't wrap my mind about how dazzling this scent is. It's actually a cold scent you guys. Brilliant chemical work. Honestly. It's very refreshing and it has a more solid texture this time (kind of like a facial scrub, but obviously without the scrub). Even though the smell isn't my favourite, it is quite lovely with a soft touch of sweetness.

4. Almond (Autumn). Aside from the cherry blossom scent, this is possibly my favourite as well. I don't know if it's because I've always loved the idea of autumn, but I actually really love how they incorporated the almond scent into this hand cream. Believe it or not, it actually smells nourishing. I feel like the scent could just wrap me up like an autumn coat. If that makes sense. The texture is pretty normal, not too moist, not too rough. But the scent! Wow, it's even almost delicious.

That's all of my thoughts on this cute hand cream collection! If you ever find it anywhere near you, I totally recommend it. It's simply too adorable not to purchase, and you will love how it smells. Each of them make my skin so soft and has kind of a refreshing side to it as well. It's pure brilliance, and I think L'Occitane has definitely done it this time.

What hand cream do you use? Do you have this collection? If yes, what do you think of it? 
I can't wait to share even more things with you, so I hope you stay tuned!

From the girl who has a thing for nice aromas,




4 comments :

  1. All this is such a cute collection/ the illustrations/packaging is so cute!
    clandestine-v.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute design!

    Monika
    https://365affairs.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve just found your blog and I’d like to say that I’m in love with it!
    I like your posts and photos! Really amazing!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review and thanks for sharing.

    Eye See Euphoria | http://eyeseeeuphoria.com/post/whats-all-the-buzz-about

    ReplyDelete