Wednesday, February 25, 2015

25 Songs: Soundtrack of My Life

I think in our lives, we all have a soundtrack. We all have those songs inside our playlist that we just keep coming back to. Sometimes it's more than just a pretty melody or some nice lyrics, but it's because the song makes its way into our hearts. In moments like these, we realize that this song relates to us a little bit more than the other songs. There's just a certain connection with it that clicks with you.

Out of all the things that have happened in my life, I've found plenty of songs that I could put in as the soundtrack of my life. Sometimes it's about love, sometimes it's about self-confidence, and many other things. Here are the songs in my playlist that I put in as the soundtrack of my life:
  1. All This Time by Britt Nicole
  2. Blackbird by The Beatles
  3. Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson
  4. Defying Gravity from Wicked
  5. Clean by Taylor Swift
  6. Drops of Jupiter by Train (Taylor Swift's cover is what I listen to the most)
  7. Even My Dad Does Sometimes by Ed Sheeran
  8. Get It Right by Glee (Lea Michele)
  9. Home by American Authors
  10. Hurricane (Acoustic) by Parachute
  11. I Wanna Be Like Me by Sara Bareilles
  12. Innocent by Taylor Swift
  13. It's Time by Imagine Dragons
  14. Little Me by Little Mix
  15. Manhattan by Sara Bareilles
  16. Mr. Know It All by Kelly Clarkson
  17. Pretty Hurts by Beyonce
  18. Satellite Call by Sara Bareilles
  19. Shake it Off by Taylor Swift
  20. Shine by Birdy
  21. Standing in the Way of the Light by Birdy
  22. The Sun is Rising by Britt Nicole
  23. Talking Dreams by Echosmith
  24. Vanilla Twilight by Owl City
  25. We Are Who We Are by Little Mix
Do you recognize the songs listed above? Could you name any favourites? What's on your life's soundtrack? Leave a comment below and tell me all about it!


11 comments :

  1. Oh, I'm definitely giving these a listen! Awesome post, Joanne. Hope you're week is going well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blackbird by The Beatles is SO good. It's short & sweet & oh so catchy.

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing list of songs.
    I love breakaway too from Kelly.
    XO

    http://thebandwagonchic.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great post and list. I love Defying Gravity; it's one of those empowering songs that just make you feel good! X

    embrace-thedetours.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea for a post! I think you can tell a lot from a person based on their favourite song/artist. A few of my favourites are on your list :)

    Lauren x
    http://whatlaurendidtoday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don´t get me wrong, my life does not revolve around this, but man you made my day! I´´m always looking for music to inspire, make me smile, cry... so I will be jumping into each of these tunes today (defying gravity is actually one of my sinful secrets ;) ) Gracias!

    Clau
    http://musingsofmamabear.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much for this kind comment!

      Delete
  7. Really nice post! X Minale
    http://minaleme.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete