Thursday, January 15, 2015

Words of Motivation + One Lovely Blog Award Nominations!


Hey there, everyone!
I'm so glad that I am finally able to get into my blog and start working on some posts again. School just started and I feel like I am already very drained about this. We came back to school last Wednesday, and right now, I'm already juggling with tons of assignments since I'm in the student body council, as well as the worst: Quizzes.

Although, I am keeping my head up high and I hope you all are too! Maybe you're still on winter break, or summer break, or whatever break it is you're having depending on where you are in this world, but maybe you are also dealing with many things at work or school, or even just home projects!

In times like these, it seems very easy to become discouraged and tired, so I wanted to just share to you several quotes I picked up from my Pinterest that will hopefully lift your spirit and bring joy into your daily activities! I hope you all find the courage to push forward and become content with what you have completely, as well as making the most out of your beautiful selves!













Basically, these are all the photos and I hope it has given you a lot of motivation to go on! In the words (lyrics, actually) of Britt Nicole's "The Sun is Rising":
You're gonna make it, and the night can only last for so long. Whatever you're facing, if your heart is breaking, there's a promise for the ones who just hold on. Lift up your eyes and see, the sun is rising.
I've been listening to this song countless times, because I find it extremely comforting, and I also think it's cheered me up in many many ways. I really recommend this song to you, because it is such a beautiful and meaningful song, very underrated, I wish you guys could listen to it as well.

Okay, so besides that, I am particularly excited about this one little thing called the One Lovely Blog Award! This is such a great leap for me in the blogging world because even though it's a small and simple thing, it certainly means a lot to me, considering I've only been blogging for about one and a half months now!


I received this One Lovely Blog Award nomination from an amazing blogger named Val from The Kitchen Revival and that made me so honoured and excited!

The Rules for Accepting the One Lovely Blog Award:
  1. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.
  2. Share 7 things about yourself
  3. Nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on their blogs to let them know.
So without further ado, here are 7 interesting facts about me!
  1. I am in high school right now and am a part of the student body council. I work in the division where we work on the school's social media sites as well as social inquiries, so it fits me quite perfectly!
  2. My height is around 5'5", so I suppose it isn't too bad, but I am planning on working to get taller this year. I try to skip rope everyday, and I also like running and swimming. I'm not a sports person, but I do enjoy exercising!
  3. I live in a Modern-Day-Brady-Bunch family. I am the youngest with one big sister, one big brother, two stepbrothers, and one stepsister. It's quite a situation, but I see it as a blessing in disguise.
  4. I read "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee voluntarily, not by an English assignment or by anyone's recommendation. I just heard that it was such a legendary book, so I gave it a try. And I loved it.
  5. I adore crime shows very much. I watch Castle and Criminal Minds, but I basically fall in love with every crime show that pops up on my TV! I also love mystery novels and used to read detective comic books, so I guess it's just in my interests!
  6. My ultimate lifelong dream is to become a fashion designer, but my second option is to become an art curator. Fashion and art are the two things that I'm very passionate about, so I think that's basically what I want to do with my life.
  7. I am a big fan of a lot of amazing female singers, as well as a lot of stunning actresses. Some of them include Taylor Swift, Sara Bareilles, Emma Stone, Emma Watson, Meryl Streep, Anna Kendrick, and more.
And here are the 15 wonderful bloggers I'm nominating for the One Lovely Blog award!
  1. Lauren from What Lauren Did Today
  2. Monika from 365 Affairs
  3. Elizabeth from Atlanta State of Mind
  4. Neeltje from Thoughts in Style
  5. Rachel from Her Name's Rachel
  6. Hoda from JooJoo Azad
  7. Ana from Meet Me @ 2AM
  8. Nicole from Class to Closet
  9. Cara from Caralina Style
  10. Heather from The World According to Heather
  11. Mimmi from Muted Mornings
  12. Hayley from Water Painted Dreams
  13. Charlotte from Colours and Carousels
  14. Ellen from Elleosophy
  15. Kate from Violet Daffodils
So that's all that I have for this post. Congratulations to all who are nominated, and I just feel like you are all such wonderful bloggers so you totally deserve this award!

Thank you guys for being so patient with me even if I take a while to construct my posts most of the time. I've noticed that my stats have been rapidly decreasing, but I guess it's because I haven't had the time to blog with school and whatnot. I hope you guys understand and are still willing to stay tuned! Also hoping that you all have a wonderful week ahead and I sure hope this has inspired you to not give up and just be the most beautiful person you can be today!

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin and Twitter. Thanks for reading!







20 comments :

  1. Loved the inspiring quotes and I loved reading your answers for the 'one lovely blog award' :) Great post. xx

    Beyond the Velvet | Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely and inspiring post! And thank you for a nomination. I really appreciate it :)

    xo
    Monika
    http://365affairs.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of the quotes! So inspiring!
    Thanks again for the nomination!
    xx Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these beautiful and inspirational quotes, especially the first one! Thank you for sharing! xx

    lovejoanna.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun to learn more about you!! I loved To Kill A Mockingbird, but I did read it for class! :)

    Simplicity Relished

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quotes, and thank you so much for the nomination!

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
  7. great quotes
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's nice to surround yourself with good quotes i believe!
    lovely post and blog you have here!
    xox
    Maria

    City Laundry
    Twitter | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing…
    Happy weekend <3
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hej girl, I just discovered your blog. I'm glad I did!
    Big kiss to you from The Netherlands.
    xx Frederique
    fashion blogger - http://fablefrique.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blog! I'm a sucker for motivational quotes :)

    Chelsea
    Chowing Down by the Bay

    ReplyDelete
  12. toujours au top !

    Kissss
    Elodie

    http://www.luxetoutou.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for mentioning me! I love all the inspirational quotes you used.
    http://www.thoughtsinstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. very nice inspiration dear!!!! ;)
    Kiss from Italy
    Check it out my new post :http://honeyandcotton.org/new-trends-springsummer-2015/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much Joanne for the nomination! You're a rock star of a nice person :) xx

    Elleosophy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great quotes, I need t read them everyday to remind myself of these things :)

    https://krisrein.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete