Sunday, January 18, 2015

Thoughts on Golden Globes and Critics' Choice Red Carpet Fashion


Greetings, wonderful beings.

As you all have heard, not too long ago, the Golden Globe Awards and the Critics' Choice Awards took place. That basically led to me scavenging through the galleries and looking at a bunch (a bunch) of red carpet looks. I fell in love with so many of them, but also cringed at plenty. Personally, I didn't think the Golden Globe fashion was very good this year (there were a lot of gorgeous looks but I didn't find a lot that was actually stunning and breathtaking). I think a lot of unique looks surfaced this year, but none really amazed me to that level.

So here are some of the most noticeable looks I gathered from the Golden Globes and the Critics' Choice, from the worst, to the best dressed. Enjoy!

Golden Globe Awards 2015

Best Dressed:



I really love this ensemble. I especially like how it falls on Allison, and how she styled her hair. It's very stunning and bold, but elegance covers every inch.


I was doubtful about putting this onto the Best Dressed list, but for some reason, I think Diane's look here really works. The dress is just a little above average, but I think the way it wraps around her is just divine. The colour on her skin just compliments it perfectly, and I really like how she went for a subtle, original look like this.


The texture of this dress looks absolutely beautiful. It really defines beauty, just in the form of a Salma Hayek. I really like the loveliness in this look on her.


 Not only do I think Felicity is one of the most gorgeous faces I've ever seen (I noticed her through The Theory of Everything), but I think this dress is so brilliant. The silhouette is pure genius and so unique, and the colour is so sophisticated. The hair and makeup completes this classic kind-of-vintage look perfectly. This just made me like her even more.


I love Emma Stone. Her radiant beauty, talent, and amazing personality. This outfit definitely stood out in this year's Golden Globes. I adore how daring and classy it is. She just wins.



Anna Kendrick definitely took my breath away with this gorgeous look. She looks absolutely perfect, the dress is a masterpiece. All the colours compliment each other beautifully, and she's just drop-dead stunning!



If you want to talk about the best beauty look from the Golden Globes this year, Emily Blunt undoubtedly and undeniably wins. Her lovely chiffon dress looks like heaven on her (literally), and the hair and makeup is just beautiful. She has never looked better. True queen.



Out of someone with such an exclusive social status, I did expect something a lot more extravagant from one Katie Holmes. Although, I was so glad when she didn't fulfill my expectations. This entire look is absolutely feminine, stunning, and elegant. Very subtle, and I find no flaw in her hair and makeup. I like the sophistication of the dress itself, and I think she looked absolutely gorgeous. Without even trying too hard.


Okay, I'm definitely not a big fan of Giuliana's blonde hair, but I think this is one of the most beautiful dresses she's ever pulled off. I really like how feminine and sweet it looks (a little bit of a contradiction to the actual Giuliana).



Worst Dressed:



The thing I hate is how much I am in love with her hair and makeup in this look, but why choose such an uncomplimenting dress? And is that a giant butterfly on her wrist? The entire look screams no.


Lana, Lana, Lana. You gorgeous, confused thing you. I admire her in many ways, but I'm sorry, this is not working. And will never work. (Feeling a bit like Little Mermaid emerging from rehab)



Okay, okay. This dress is not horrible, but oh man. One, why did she not do anything with her hair? Two, the cut on the top part of the dress is just a no-no for me. It doesn't compliment her at all. I wouldn't wear this to a wedding, let alone the Golden Globes. Three, 27 dresses and she couldn't find a better one?


What's the worst time to appear dressing up like a sex symbol? The Golden Globes.


This is making me scream on the inside. I doubt Lorde even glanced at the mirror before she arrived. How can her stylist let her go out like this, though? Honestly, maybe it would've worked if her smile weren't so awkward and if she weren't slouching so much. But wow, no. Do I even need to explain any further?

Critics' Choice Awards 2015

Best Dressed:


I normally wouldn't like this dress, but I think this time, it's a rather beautiful exception.


I was really mind blown because there could be so many ways of this dress ending up very horrible and practically painful to look at, but I really love that it did not disappoint at all.



Leslie Mann, after I watched The Other Woman, has been occupying a very special place in my heart. I find her lovely and adorable, and I think this whole look just made myself emphasise on that a lot more. The dress is pure gorgeous, and she just looks stunning!


Emily Blunt. Winning again. I have no words.



Worst Dressed:


She took my breath away at the Globes, but right now? This black dress could've worked on someone else, but not her. At least not this time. Also, her hair! No! I feel like so many things went wrong in this look.


Jamie Chung, a. Is gorgeous, and b. Has a stunning body. This dress, though? It looks so bad on her. I hate to say this because I admire her a lot, but she just looks horrible in it. It's swallowing her up! If it was a little more body-fit, maybe it could turn out decent.


I'm not even gonna start. No.

Okay so that's all I have to say about the Golden Globes and the Critics' Choice red carpet fashion looks. I really hope you all enjoyed this post. Do you agree, or do you disagree? What did you think about this year's red carpet looks? Let me know in the comments below, I'd love to hear what you have to say!

From the girl with a lot to say,



19 comments :

  1. I think Felicity is the winner! I loved everything about it.

    Silly Medley: Lifestyle and Travel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking through all these red carpet looks ! So many lovely dresses. x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Emma Stone is def my favorite!
    Dora
    http://thebangsbang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many beautiful dresses! The first one is my absolute favourite. Love Emily Blunt's look too x

    Under Blue Lights

    ReplyDelete
  5. Felicity Jones and Emma Stone are my best dressed for sure! Emma Stone can do no wrong!

    www.saltandchic.com // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angelina Jolie and Felicity's green dress were absolutely stunning, but I can't agree with putting Julianne Moore's Golden Globe dress on the worst list, I think it was absolutely stunning! :)

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first dress is probably my favorite, but I really like Anna Kendricks dress too!

    www.simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love Emma Stone's outfit choice, but also I just adore Emily Blunt and she looks amazing.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emma Stone and Anna Kendrick's looks are definitely my favorites - Emma's very classic and simple and Anna's so breathtaking (agree with you!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This looks great… I’m loving the events best dressed!
    Kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many great looks.. they all look fab!
    xo ClassToCloset

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful dresses and people!! I love Emma Stone's look the most-she's effortlessly beautiful :)

    Jinna
    http://styleandcappuccino.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel like the fashions were so different this year, I love your recap!

    www.LittleJStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Reese looked stunning at the Golden Globes and I loved Jenna Dewan-Tatum's yellow dress too :)

    lovejoanna.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've nominated you for the Liebster Awards ♡ All the info over on my blog at ♡ https://amfashionandbeautyblog.wordpress.com/2015/01/21/ive-got-nominated-for-the-liebster-awards-nominations-♡/ ♡

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love watching the red carpets
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. The look of Emily Blunt is divine. She wins for me too. Great insights, Joanne!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete