Sunday, January 4, 2015

INSPIRATION: Sequins


Sequin. Sequin everywhere.


Hey guys. I'm so excited to write this post today, I totally hope you guys had a wonderful New Year's Eve as well as the days that followed. Waking up on January 1st is always a bit overwhelming, because it's like this checkpoint in our lives. Like waking up in front of somebody else's doorsteps, or waking up in a totally different world. But most of the time, it does excite me.

Welcome, lovely people, to my second inspiration post. This is the part where I highlight a certain category and then construct a whole post filled with inspiring beautiful pictures (from Pinterest and Tumblr usually) to give us the healthy dose of inspiration that we all need.

I found that sequins are becoming this type of trend and I am loving it. I see them a lot in fashion bloggers these days and I absolutely adore them. I know that sequin is basically the New Year's Eve go-to fashion statement, but there's no reason to not conform it into your own personal style and make it a trend to last this year! It stands out, yet with the right items, you can make it look subtle. Chic and feminine, but also very modern and trendy.

Unlike my first inspiration post about customizing mugs, I decided that I won't be saying much about this category, but I do have a lot more pictures to show you, so here is how you could find sequin (or other things that glitter and sparkle and shimmer) in:

Couture Dresses (High Fashion and Such)



This dress, I am so in love! It's very beautiful and glittery in the perfect area, and I absolutely love the colour. I think this party dress is a perfect mix of elegance and extravagance. It's so fascinating and we could wear it to basically anything!



See that? How the sequin gives off a little shimmering edge to the black? I love that. You could make the darkest colour stand out even more. Black shimmers have been a trend since basically forever, and we find it a lot in social parties or red carpets. Talk about exclusivity.




This Oscar de la Renta gown is absolute perfection. The gold that just slowly dissolves towards the bottom part of the dress. When I saw it, it gave me life. 



This dress is so sensuous and it's a beautiful masterpiece to me. Elegance with a touch of sultry. And look at the little details in the patterns, not to mention the beautiful structure. Gorgeous!

And Other Regular Apparel (OOTDs and Such)



I'm not promoting hairism, but color-wheel-wise, gold sequin does look best if you have blonde hair. You can clearly see on this photo, that it's really just an effortless look. But the colours go perfectly together and the romper is a fashion statement itself. 

Although, if you don't have blonde hair but you want to pull off a gorgeous romper like this, you could tie your hair up in a ponytail, and go with shoes and accessories that match your hair colour! (Example, if you have red hair, go for a pair of red pumps and a red clutch)










Okay, in some ways, this piece doesn't have all the glitter. It doesn't shout glamorous. But do notice how she styled it. Very casual and simple, and it's already one of the best looks I've seen. Modest but spectacular. That's what I love about it! It would be very hard to pull off a look like this, but if you do, you're totally going to turn heads everywhere.


This is a very gorgeous fashion statement, and you can literally just pull it off so easily with a ponytail or a high bun. If you don't own something like this, and this is according to my DIY-enthusiast mind, you can always make one! Think about it as a revamp. Fabric glue, sequins or glitter, and an old shirt or blouse. Quite simple once you think about it!



That is all and I hope you have a splendid day! Make good choices! And please don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin and Instagram!





41 comments :

  1. omg!!! so glam!!! i love sequins, they're just so festive!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful!
    Kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shoes and the lasts skirt ar simple amazing!

    https://donapapayas.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all so gorgeous! I love you blog - I followed you on bloglovin' would be great if you could maybe come over to my blog and give me a follow back xxxx

    enpointefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love those shoes in the first picture! X Minale
    http://minaleme.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sequins are so stunning and I love them! I can't wear anything if it doesn't have some sparkle! Loving these pictures! xx

    http://beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreed, you can never have too many sequins xx

    thelilymint.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your style ! you are so cute :) please check out my blog apoljakovi.blogspot.com
    would you like to follow each other please let me know :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, I've been really loving sequins lately as well! And I'm not one that's big on sparkle or shimmer, but lately my eye has been drifting toward sequin pieces, mainly dresses. I love the periwinkle dress, second from the bottom. Luckily here in Vegas wearing a full-on sequin dress at any time of the day is pretty much normal, lol.

    Z. | J. POTTER

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty things! I love glitters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this inspiration post and I'm really into using sequins past the holiday season. All of these looks are incredible. Happy New Year!

    -Helen

    Sweet Helen Grace

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super lovely blog!

    www.dylanasuarez.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sequins always make their comeback around NYE!! But there are soooooo many gorgeous dresses here that it is definitely hard to pick a favourite of mine!! Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    Elleosophy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your blog and this look!! You are very beautiful!!
    Xoxo

    Instagram: bornfreely
    Www.bornfreely.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. a girl can never have to much sparkle in her life!! we love our sequins so we're totally obsessed with all of these, especially the romper and sneakers!!

    M + K

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! I've seen a few of these on Pinterest and I always feel as if I need to add sparkle to my life! Such a pretty, sparkly post! Thanks for sharing! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a great sequins items!
    http://adelinaschoice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahh this is such a great post! I looove these pictures! Especially the dresses :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. the dresses are beautiful. I love the romper too!
    xo ClassToCloset

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  21. Loving that violet/blue little sequin dress!! And the romper :)

    lovejoanna.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love those sparkling shoes! Every picture in here is just so pretty!

    XX

    http://www.floortjeloves.com
    http://www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic!
    New post from me:http://theroaronthecatwalk94.blogspot.it/2015/01/first-post-of-2015-nice-look-cheap.html#comment-form let me know what you think! If you want to follow my blog, I will follow! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my, each and every one of these dresses is stunning! Loved this post! ;)

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love sequins! And anything glittery really! That Oscar de la Renta dress is stunning. Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. I'm not sure if you check back at the comments but I found a link to the Queen's message if you fancy a watch :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMEOrszol4U

    Heather x
    http://heatherrrrm.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather! Thank you for stopping by <3 I do too and yes, that dress IS amazing! Oh wow, thank you so much for that!! Totally gonna watch it now haha.

      Xoxoxo

      Delete
  26. <3
    kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the sequin trend! You did a great job of talking about the different ways to wear sequins. My favorite are the sneakers <33

    Ali
    Pretty in Python
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! Yes, the sneakers are truly divine. <3

      Delete
  28. Love these pics! I need that last dress.

    @WanderLustGirls
    www.thewanderlustgirls.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm in love with long sequin dresses!

    xx
    Ana Leote | Meet Me @ 2 am

    ReplyDelete
  30. I Love those sequin shoes!!!! I think a dash of sequin can work anytime. :)

    Deedee

    http://madeupgirl-madeupgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. So many lovely sequinned pieces! :) Very nice inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. very glamorous, love these photos , I want to have tones of sparkly ,,things''
    check out my blog

    http://thefashionsateen.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. the evening shoes for my wedding look a bit like those gorgeous pumps. Love the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the sparkly gold sneakers!

    - Liz
    http://bit.ly/voguedout

    ReplyDelete
  35. so many cute items i want to own!
    all of them are gorgeous.i am obsessed with the #1 dress.

    http://alpinepickflower.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete