Saturday, December 13, 2014

Vibrance


Hey guys!
Meet Jane. Fun fact: Jane is my stepsister and is in university, she goes to the Raffles College of Design and Commerce and is taking a course in Fashion Marketing. She's in her second year right now, and so she has a bunch of projects that usually revolve around presentations, publications, advertisements, et cetera et cetera. Well she knows a thing or two about my love for photography, so more often than not, she would ask for me to take photos of her for a campaign ad, or maybe film a commercial for a fashion line, and it gets interesting from time to time. 

JANE'S WEARING: Sunglasses from H&M, a dress from Zara, a denim jacket from Colorbox (altered and made shorter), a pair of boots from Forever 21, and the necklace is from a small local boutique in Singapore.








This was a photoshoot we did in this beautiful setting we have in our neighbourhood. It was just a wide landscape, and every element in it kind of makes you think of a heat wave. The ground was dry, the grass was yellow, the trees looked tired, the light was vibrant and it gave our photos that 5-pm-afternoon-glow that I personally have always adored. A lot of work went into this shoot, and usually I love everytime my sister asks me to help her on projects like these because it's so fun and great practice for me as well. We made it fresh, new, and sincere. The name of the shoot itself that Jane wanted was "Bohemian Wonderland" (a little mainstream for my taste). I would name it "Vibrance", such as how we brought in joy in the land of drought, but that's just me.




JANE'S WEARING : A necklace, a belt, a maxi skirt, and a blouse all from Forever 21, as well as a flower crown of her friend's.

JANE'S WEARING : A dress and a pair of boots all from Forever 21


Fun fact! The location had really nice trees but the swing wasn't originally put there in the first place. We made, yes, our own swing out of wood and this heavy rope, painted it white, and then made the flower decorations ourselves as well, so that was exciting.


And that's basically some of the good photos we managed to take (before it went absolutely dark as it was nearly 6 pm) edited in Photoshop, taken by my camera: A Nikon D3100! As you can probably tell, we're huge fans of Forever 21 ;)
I love doing shoots because at some point I might come across really good shots then I could stuff it into my portfolio for future purposes, which is great. This was just something I wanted to share with you guys, and I hope you enjoyed this post!


11 comments :

  1. You take amazing photos and the edit is on point! I love that first and last picture, so lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, this means so much to me! <3

      Delete
  2. Adore the photos! Jane looks lovely, I think the first outfit is my fave!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. What stunning photos! You have done such a great job with these :D Love these outfits as well :)

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely outfit!

    Thank you for your pleasant comment on my blog. You have a beautiful blog and now I wonder if you want to follow each other?

    xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena
    International Giveaway: Christmas Surprise with Self Interest
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing pictures!

    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog!
    xx

    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jane! such a daring outfit! love your style!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos are so pretty!!
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look lovely!
    And the photos looks great!

    Stay in Style,
    Karen @ http://officiallookbookstore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful outfits, and I love the pictures and how fun they look!

    99 OUTFITS

    ReplyDelete