Saturday, December 6, 2014

Thoughts on VSFS 2014


Greetings, amazing people who decided to read my blog post.
So this post will be a little different from the others. Do prepare yourselves for an excessive dose of sensuous and gorgeous pictures of the beautiful angels from the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2014, which took place in London for the first time ever (I guess last year's "British Invasion" was kind of a hint). The brand's annual extravaganza is always this very important thing that many women (and men) all around the world look forward to and I don't blame them! Of course, I am still strongly against the idea of enforcing model-like body stereotypes onto women or younger females like me, but I feel like it shows the absolute power of a woman's secret. Well, Victoria's Secret. I like that they are showcasing not only these breathtaking creations along with the lingerie, but I also like how they showcase these beautiful and wonderful models, being an example of happiness and beauty and health or fitness in forms of women.
The VSFSs have always been something I loved, because it's amazing how you could actually hold a fashion show for lingerie, but also turn lingerie into something 40 times more magnifying. They turn underwear into high fashion, and fashion into pure astounding art, strutted by beautiful and healthy models annually. Hence, the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.




Frankly, the 2014 VSFS wasn't quite as what I expected. Although, they still showed some amazing creations, but I feel like I expected something a little more than that. Was it stunning? Of course. But better than the 2010 show or the 2013 show? Not exactly. The VS Fantasy Bras are spectacular, though!
But anyway, this post will basically show you my favourites out of this year's VSFS. Their themes were Gilded Angels, Exotic Traveler, Dream Girl, Fairy Tale, University of Pink, and Angel Ball. My favourites below are kind of mixed up by theme, and I also put in my favourites from the after party, but I hope you enjoy! (Photos are from Vogue, Style.com, and Harper's Bazaar).

The train on this piece was absolutely phenomenal!
This is easily one of my ultimate favourites. The fact that they put it on Behati makes me love it even more, because I've always loved her and her personality! 


I've literally been loving Sui He since last year's show not only because of her Asian features, but I just think she always looks so sweet and stunning at the same time. She's easily one of the prettiest among the VS angels, I wish next year they'll let her open up the show or at least just give her a little more credit.


OF COURSE they gave this look to Candice! She absolutely rocked it, I think the wings and the shoes are absolutely amazing.

I LOOOVE THAT THEY WALKED IN TOGETHER, and I also love that Adriana and Ale were the ones chosen to wear the fantasy bras, because I don't think the honour should have belonged to someone else. Adriana is, well, legendary, and Ale is my all-time favourite. They're both absolutely stunning! I think the colour of the pieces also suited each of them perfectly.

When I saw the VSFS 2014 photos, I was very happy when I saw Lais again (considering what happened two years before unfortunately). Especially when they gave her this piece, because I think it is beautiful. It's unlike anything I've seen from VS, and I just instantly fell in love with the silhouettes and the colours and patterns in this whole look.
I think Candice looked amazing in this as well. The wings in this look are so pretty. 
I think Doutzen really rocked this look, and I love everything about it. The shoes I find adorable (I don't even know why), and the bottom part is flaw. Less.


Lily's also always been one of my faves, because I think she's so adorable as a person, and I think she killed it with this stunning look!


I loved this look because the wings were incredibly gorgeous, and the bottom part was flawless as well! I love how it wraps around her and just perfectly compliments her skin tone! This is one of my ultimate favourites out of any VS look I've seen on the runway.
Gorgeous finale, as always! Ale was drop dead stunning too, of course! I really loved the whole setting and how it turned out at the end.
This actually is not one of my favourite looks, but I saw it as a huge disappointment. It's an okay dress, but I don't think it works on her. Honey, we've seen enough of your behind from the show.

The only looks that I liked from the after party was Lily's and Candice's, because I feel like they looked the most elegant and classy, but at the same time very stylish and gorgeous! I loved both of their dresses, I think it suited them perfectly, and they're the only dresses I liked out of all the looks I saw from the after party carpet.

So that's all I have to say about the VSFS 2014! I'm no fashion critic, but overall, I think it was an 8 out of 10. Well, close to an 8. Nevertheless, it was great as always, and I'm looking forward to next year's show, and hoping that it turns out better than this year's show too!

From the girl with a lot to say,


29 comments :

  1. It's a shame it wasn't as good as some of the previous ones, but it still looked pretty amazing!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much girls!! :D I'm so glad that you liked my outfit and I really appreciate your sweet words! :)

    ♥ ★ ♥ GINGER COLLAGE ♥ ★ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never ended up watching this but it looks like quite the event
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can definitely appreciate the art and creativity of shows like this! I always love the angel wings :) I loved your write-up doll :) x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I feel like how they evolve each year is something that should really be appreciated. The angel wings are the best stuff! Thank you :) :)

      Delete
  5. i love your review of the show and the gorgeous pictures. i love behati too! <3
    love, liz
    www.stylewich.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks to have commented on my blog!!
    wow love the pictures! thanks for sharing.
    :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this show! So GLAM and sassiness haha


    thebangsbang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looked such a spectacle! I've never actually watched a show but they look amazing

    Anoushka Probyn - A London Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. That white dress is amazing!!!! Thanks for sharing these pics, since I missed the show! :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice show & nice post
    http://fashiondiarybymihaella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I heart the VS shows so much!
    Xox from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love watching the shows too! :)

    XOXO
    AJ
    BLOG | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  13. The VS shows are so perfect!

    http://www.curyinthecity.blogspot.fr/
    Fashion&Lifestyle PARIS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved this! Thanks for sharing your insights.

    Heidi D.
    www.wishesandreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning looks! I love the look of the angel with the magnificent gold wings and cool gold heels, its breath-taking!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've always loved the show! Adriana is my fave!

    lovejoanna.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super lovely blog!

    xo

    www.dylanasuarez.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely post. I didn't get to watch the show because I have been overseas. Awesome photo choices. Gives me a great idea of what it looked like.

    Denise
    www.fashionloveletters.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello! Nice blog!
    Follow me and I will follow back)

    Follow this blog please! My Blog: violaceous_flavor
    Write me if you follow me)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved the show so much! Can't wait to see it all on the 15th in holland :)

    XX

    http://www.floortjeloves.com
    http://www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  21. I still haven't watched the show yet but I can see what you mean, I did prefer some of last year's stuff x
    eleanor's adventures // UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  22. just finished watching the show!! loved how they feature lots of sui he! been seeing her before but they never had focus on her. i wish they more on her in the future! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete