Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Fearfully and Wonderfully


Here's the thing: The holidays arrived about a week ago and I just can't tell you how immensely happy I am because of it. I've been spending my days laying in bed, sleeping in, watching tons of movies and episodes of my favorite TV shows (Criminal Minds, Castle, or whatever comes on the TV), eating way more than I do regularly, and just being free from anything holding me down. Of course I'm not a chirping bluebird just yet, because there are still a handful of personal things I have yet to finish up (some are quite depressing) but hopefully it'll all be done by the 18th! (Nothing special on the 18th anyway, it's just a deadline I set for myself because I want it all to be over so I can just relax.)

I wanted to post this specifically to just share about the most recent things that I've stumbled upon, or things that have been happening recently. A little bit about myself: I find a lot of things interesting. For example, a woman might be a redhead and she might sit next to a brunette at the train station and once I see it, my thoughts will shoot in four different directions like rockets, and for the next three minutes I'll probably just be sitting there and thinking how utterly amazing it is that there are 7 billion people on this planet and not a single one is the same as the other.



One. Just a few days ago, the sky was absolutely beautiful. This is not supposed to be a big deal, but to me it was pretty fantastic. We live right in the middle of a very tropical climate, meaning what? We don't get winter. Or autumn. Or spring. Or summer. Well, we kind of get summer. Basically, we only have two seasons: Hot, and rainy. Rainy days come to us in the first and last 3 months of the year, more or less. So, the sky has decided that it wanted to spit out nothing but rain and wind all week long. I love rain, but nobody can say no to a beautiful blue sky like this.

But on this particular day, it was not rain nor wind. Clear blue, with the whitest, most perfectly shaped, well "fluffed" clouds in history. It was a canvas, it was a masterpiece. I felt like it was a landscape above the landscapes, you know? 

Am I exaggerating? Yes. But I always get so caught up in looking at the skies, gazing at the stars, watching clouds roll by slowly above the buildings around you. It is a spectacular thing. Like looking up into an abyss, that contains billions of stars and a thousand galaxies, and you're just here in the safety of the atmosphere (this is that mind rocket thing at work, again, because I'm just reminding you that we were talking about clouds).


Two! This book! If you read my "Happy Holidays" Starter Pack post, you'll see me talking about how excited I was to start this book and well, I just started it! I'll be sure to post a review on it once I finished, so I hope you stay tuned. (So far, I've picked up a few thoughts about it, but I'll leave it to the reviews).

Three. Selfies. One thing you should probably know about me is that I'm a selfie type of person (as shown in first picture). It's kind of a guilty pleasure because, as many people portray it, it's acquainted with egotistical traits and being overly proud of yourself, but honestly I wouldn't go that far. I dislike seeing people who take selfies a little too far (like that stunt on the internet where a bunch of teenagers took a selfie with a homeless person, calling it a "selfie challenge"), but I do it just for fun in my spare time. It also happens that I look best in selfies, better than I do in actual photos. I'm the least photogenic person I know in this world but it's always different when I take the photo myself. That's probably the case, so call me shallow. I took this when I was relaxing on my bed (so no makeup), just that moment where December is starting to feel so wonderful. If only holidays lasted forever, sigh.






Four, would be my mom's lovely little crafts store. So a little fun fact, my mom is quite an artistic person. She has an obsession for vintage, and she owns this little "arts and crafts" store in the city called "Grow". The shop is quite small, but it's always so nice going there. The store accommodates quilling, paper craft, painting, scrapbooking, sewing, and more. I'm certainly proud of her for coming this far, and the store itself is absolutely lovely. I've always loved the interior design, but mostly I just love looking at what they sell. The second picture actually shows this little ribbon stitching project that my mom did. She's absolutely in love with doing it, and I think that's wonderful for her. She makes all these images of flowers, butterflies, birds, dresses even, come to life by ribbon stitching, and the results usually turn out pretty good too.



Five. Psalm 139. I read this psalm this morning, and even though I read it many times before, I fell in love with it all over again. Verse 14 is a popular verse and it's also my favourite out of this chapter of Psalms, it says:
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
I feel like the Lord truly spoke to me this morning through this chapter in Psalms. "O Lord, You have searched me" was the first line and it caught my eye because it's a line from that song called "At the Cross" which is one of my favourite worship songs. "Where can I go from Your spirit?" I feel like this chapter says a lot about our being. Fearfully, wonderfully made. I like to think that it is how He created us, and we have no reason to think otherwise of ourselves. These are the three words that define us. The verses also say a lot about the sovereignity of the Lord as well. Everlasting is the best word to describe it. His love, His power, His Spirit, all of it. Everlasting. I look forward to reflecting on this more and more in my life.


By the way, if you visit my blog, you'll see that I made changes to the tabs on the upper side of the page. I basically listed some of the important labels, and I also now have an "artworks" page. Well if you are interested in seeing my art, be sure to click on it, as I already set up a lot of samples. Here are just a few:






So what's been going on in your holiday? I'd love to hear all about it.


21 comments :

  1. That craft store looks so cute
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful artwork! Followed you on instagram well I sent a request.

    Deedee

    http://madeupgirl-madeupgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your artwork is beautiful! You are so talented :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post, lovely pictures, and awesome illustration :)

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your art is amazing! I would love to see more of it :) xx
    www.lulabelloves.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this… beautiful photos!
    Have a rocking day!
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gah, I dont think id be able to handle all that rain! Though not having a winter would be miiiighty nice. I love that you took a moment to just appreciate how beautiful the sky looked. I find myself doing things like that from time to time and it makes me feel so lovely inside. Like you know you're lucky to be there, just in your moment, as yourself :)

    Also, how amazing is Castle? Kate + Rick forever.

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's miiiighty nice sometimes! But that's just a lot to miss out on, you know?
      Aw, thanks for the nice comment. (YAS FOREVER)

      Xoxoxo!

      Delete
  8. I hope you manage to sort everything out by the 18th. This is such a lovely post, and your art is amazing - will check out the page!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed this post and your drawings are absolutely amazing!

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so TALENTED!!! Your artworks are astounding-love them all ^_^
    Jinna
    http://styleandcappuccino.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What stunning drawings! :) I find it crazy as well to think there are so many people in this world and we are all different. I am always looking in space just thinking of random things like this as well haha :)

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful post, great illustrations, lovely pictures.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely post! What an amazing artist you are. Incredible!

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so talented. wow.

    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete